• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 3 years 5 months ago

Snarky Puppy/Immigrance (2019) - Bling Bling

Gonzaga/USC tonight at 6:15.
USC doesn't stand a chance!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by anthem. info_outline

Kombo/Cookin' Out (2001) - Simmer Down

They say, "Variety is the Spice of Life"...Today I'm listening to my Bowers and Wilkins Nautilus 804's. They actually sound pretty good. They respond well to the D Sonic M3a-600M amps...don't Hate me.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 3 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Ah, Anthem, your arsenal of "backup?" :) gear never ceases to amaze. I don't doubt your D-Sonic amps maintain tight control on those B+W's. I have heard the larger 800D series models. Their clarity and articulation is first class, but even with the diamond coated tweeter cones, the treble seemed to have a somewhat hard edge compared to the GEt HFVR's smooth tweeters. How would you compare bass response and treble sweetness of your B+W 804's to your T Ref's?

I do believe you could make a new assortment of sources, amps, cables, speakers, power cords every day for a long time before repeating any combination. Talk about variety being the spice of life! :cheer:

Happy listening, my friend!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by anthem. info_outline

Rodrigo y Gabriela/Mettavolution (2019) - Electric Soul

Last night I read an old review of the B & W Nautilus 804's. They were quite impressed. They suggested the 804's be bi wired for best sound, so this morning I bi wired them and also spiked them with the Herbies Decoupling Gliders. Listening at 90-95 db I hear no edginess or brightness in the Tweeter/Midrange. Matter of fact, the bass and clarity in the midrange are most impressive. Years ago I bought a B & W Center Channel speaker with the Diamond Tweeter ($4000.00) ...I took it back. Rick, so whan you heard edginess in the 800 D Series most likely it's coming from the Diamond Tweeter. They are a very transparent Tweeter, which appeals to some and not others.

At times I forget what equipment I have. I was rooting around this afternoon and found my B & W Center Channel. Come to think of it I have 5 different HT systems. I'm never bored!

Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Frank Catalano/Cut it Out!?! (1998) - Cut it Out!?!

A Sports drenched Saturday is just Ahead. Baseball starts at noon and the NCAA Men's basketball Final Four kicks off at 4:14...Wahoo!

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Pavlo (1998) - Adieo

Another new arrival. Sonically very good. Really enjoyed the majority of the cd.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back