file (Updated) Triton Ones.R towers and Supersub X's (Price Drop Shipping available)

• kufan4life's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
kufan4life Posted 2 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by kufan4life. Reason: Change price info_outline
Gdhal>yes that was a goal of mine till I found some used ones. As far as my asking price IYHO, is that too low? I just did very little research as to what I should ask. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 2 years 9 months ago

Gdhal>yes that was a goal of mine till I found some used ones. As far as my asking price IYHO, is that too low? I just did very little research as to what I should ask. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

You're welcome, kufan4life. The 1R US MSRP as listed on the Golden Ear website is $7,498.00/pair. You're asking $4,750 (and I assume that is for the pair) and state they are in excellent condition. Perhaps seeking $5,498/pair (two thousand lower than the MSRP) is reasonable. Look, no matter your price point, any potential buyer is liable to barter and want to negotiate lower. So you might as well start a bit on the higher side (asking price wise) and be negotiable, as opposed to having a lower price and being non-negotiable. That stated, I truly do not know what the market will bear. Even though $7498 is GEs MSRP, it wouldn't be out of the question for someone to buy a new pair from a dealer for say $6000, if all cash is involved. I've written a relatively long reply to the simple answer to your question which is "yes", I think you may have priced your speakers a little low. Furthermore, depending on how good of a deal (price) you found for a used pair of T Refs, you again may want to reconsider and look toward purchasing a new pair if your dealer will give you a good price on the new pair and if your dealer will give you a fair price on trading in you 1Rs. In my view the price point you've set your R1s at now ($4,750) should be attractive enough to be rid of them relatively quickly, however, you have a caveat that they would need to be picked up from your locale, which will likely decrease the number of potential buyers. All in all, I still think you can do better working with the dealer on some kind of trade in for a new pair of T Refs (unless you found a ridiculously great deal on the used pair). Would seem to me there would be less overall hassle too that way. Best of luck, kufan4life. :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• blistn2's Avatar Offline
  • TRs Front LFE1, SC XXL Center, T1s S Sur. LFE2
    • Thank you received: 12
blistn2 Posted 2 years 9 months ago
Without knowing your listening situation or budget, have you thought about keeping them as surrounds?

Yes GDHAL> A lengthy response for sure, but intriguing to say the least. I have considered all that you mentioned and the gap between trade in and new T-refs is outside my current budget, and yes I do believe I’m getting a steal of a deal on the used pair.

Blistn2> Oh yes, in the beginning that was my ultimate goal, but I ended up settling for supersat 60s with SuperSub XL positioned below them which ended up working out good IMO.

• Rpete69's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
Rpete69 Posted 2 years 7 months ago
Hey KUFan - are these still available?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Marketplace For Sale/Trade (Updated) Triton Ones.R towers and Supersub X's (Price Drop Shipping available)