file Rotate Supersat 60 tweeter

• Major Clod's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Major Clod Posted 4 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Major Clod. info_outline
I have the opportunity to purchase 3 x ex-demo SuperSat 60's for an LCR setup at a fantastic price (66% off RRP). Unfortunately it's 3 x 60's, with no 60C available. Technician has said the tweeter is glued in place and has sent some photos. It could be removed but it would be tricky / time consuming. Image below - tweeter is the circular item.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7BWs2wiHZ-YEQpiGGf54jAsl_QQUYkwuSlenZRWnz9YDJQVns_L95crKegysffXyE6qqt-v5ZbTwicDCo89uqYC7Fw56PSmJDOQaKz6oVMKC4psbUhBp8EZ7ev26Jr1eG3OGnxli3DyS3UqJbOVqUPelOXSQASxmJxavbJS89uJm1KXzCkTU7xQ6tPhG0wowh2ZzqjykmExe0Eh6xv7oB7uGnOkzmLYhyVvzBJdaMtH4AMlXBPBMA0lLn55xrZMXIP79Q6AYlClw1rNibnwJduEUM8rM4-MzB_7hu8hMTOZTHh3uuo9Jxp9yG2KPFihPhtoVLubthMUz3P2QANSoubgtwyuCJdy1w4FEIqXA1Df48n9Obe7Tu4zIn2vLV_QgCXLi-UbMCbQ2AuxovNnLvv48p_1Z2PTBeZRJXtl2fqdCJXz4fBpiiAca_Uw8znDib-A4qGpZRwj-hrK2DMJimo_nSghHsp9YeXXmyc_Go6g2p79wM0Sdly7rkyf_0JBvxB0MG-abbJVnPKAStq6XNZyiNbjj59lsXGwXNc9mfv1jxDHLXIxUPrtM_BUieo24EHmXPjqQsPSGDvvxb8kcLCTflNm6drQ-dXD1Tl7Rh7mM0F_iJ_ylMRGVhErZM8vo7CVBRYSF81b1VxGVsjvZuUkYWCdUejq-89PyGr4OCkftMnDpZBgpiP4=w1600-h1200-no

This is really my only option move to a system like this (a full price 60C isn't an option)

I'm very technically adept and good with these sorts of fiddly jobs in my workshop, but as I'm buying these speakers remote I don't have the opportunity to personally inspect feasibility. So, a couple of questions:

- Am I likely able to remove the tweater by slowly working a fine x-acto through the glued area, taking my time to avoid damage?
- Any idea on what type of glue is used?
- In the event of an absolute failure (eg. damage to the actual tweeter during removal) are replacement tweeters available via Goldenear?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

And I guess the follow up question to my own - am I going to notice a substantial difference vs leaving the tweeter as is?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 7 months ago

Major Clod wrote: And I guess the follow up question to my own - am I going to notice a substantial difference vs leaving the tweeter as is?

The tweeter can be carefully removed and rotated 90 degrees, but if you're going to be pretty much on axis, the difference may not be large. Plus, you'll still have an SS60 grille with the logo sideways at one end if you set the SS60 on its side.

If the tweeter does somehow get damaged we do have replacements, but they're not cheap at $121.00 each.

My suggestion is to leave it as is.

Great thank you. I might set it up as is and see how it goes, and keep the tweeter re-orientation as an option. I did consider the logo but in saving 66% it's a compromise I'm happy to live with. Looking forward to sampling my first set of Goldenears!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• bsinger's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 9
bsinger Posted 3 years 11 months ago
how is this carefully rotated? I have removed the crossover and the nuts on the tweeter, but the tweeter doesn't move. Is it glued in? Any tips?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics DIY, Mods and Tweaks Rotate Supersat 60 tweeter