file Modding Goldenear Triton 3

• Staal's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Staal Posted 4 years 9 months ago
Hi guys,

A year ago I finally bought my self a couple of second hand Triton 3 without + so to say.

I am very happy with them but as always, after hearing the 3+ at the dealer I know they can sound better.

But to be honest. I don't have the money to upgrade to a Triton 3+ or better.

I few years ago I tweaked the filter of my Focal lab speaker with better components and that really helps a lot and it is affordable.

Of course I know that it will destroy guarantee, but I don't have that anymore so what is the point.

Is there anybody here on the forum who has tweaked the Triton 3 and have a scheme or service manual.

Thank you very much.

Frans
Netherlands

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 4 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
We don't condone modding your speakers, and it will void any/all warranty. But as you say, they're out of warranty anyway, so here are some unofficial thoughts...

I'd take a look at the passive crossover and replace the film caps in the signal path with upgraded parts of the same value and voltage (higher voltage rated parts are ok, though), perhaps Clarity Cap CSA series 250v or something along those lines. You might replace any 5-watt ceramic resistors in the signal path with the same value but higher wattage, say, 10 watts or so. Maybe try Mills MRA-12 parts or other resistors of your choice. Coils will be fine as-is.

Once again, this is not condoned or sanctioned by GoldenEar, so you're on your own if you decide to tweak some parts. None of our products' schematics are available outside our engineering department. Sorry, but I hope you have fun with your project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics DIY, Mods and Tweaks Modding Goldenear Triton 3