file I want to remove the sock on a Triton 2 Plus

• fastninja12's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
fastninja12 Posted 5 years 10 months ago
So, I want to fully remove the sock from one of my speakers. To do that (without damaging the sock) it appears I will need to remove all the screws that secure the power and signal input assembly to the speaker. Is that going to cause warranty problems??

Thanks
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 5 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
There was/is a user here on the forum (I forget who, but if memory serves the user name begins with an "M" and he posted the link herein the forum) who some time ago posted a video on youtube of him removing the sock from the triton one. Thanks to whomever that was/is, as the video is interesting even if nothing else. ;) Off hand I think you are correct about the amp plate screw removal. I do not know about the warranty situation, but I'm sure the Moderator does and shall reply to that aspect. In my view (having previously owned the T1) sock removal is doable without damaging the sock, however, the procedure would need to be performed very carefully, meticulously, etc. Even then why do it unless there is a compelling reason. Presumably you want to reinstall the sock, and that too may prove challenging. Best.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 5 years 10 months ago
Instructions for removal and replacement are available from our support desk (email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.).

The speaker will not sound as good with the grille sock off (nor will it potentially look very good, as these are unfinished surfaces below).

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 5 years 10 months ago

Moderator wrote: ............The speaker will not sound as good with the grille sock off ........

Right. I recall Sandy stating that the rationale here is that the sock does contribute to the damping factor. I didn't think the OP intended to leave the sock off though ;)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics DIY, Mods and Tweaks I want to remove the sock on a Triton 2 Plus