file Sub suggestion for 20x20 theater?

• ChillyGiff's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ChillyGiff Posted 4 years 1 week ago
Currently using an Anthem MRX720 with Triton 5s, SuperCenter X, and SuperSat 3s... and klipsch r10sw. The sub left over from an older system and is totally outmatched.

Room size - 20x20 perfect square bonus room/dedicated theatre

Use- 50/40/10 Movies/Games/Music

What would you suggest for my room? I need some low end bad! I have considered everything from dual Paradigm Defiance x12, SVS SB4000 and PB3000, HSU ULS15 and of course SuperSubs.

Would one SuperSub X be sufficient? I was trying to keep my initial budget around 1500 but can always add another later.
Anthem MRX720
2x Triton Five
SuperCenter X
1x SuperSat 3
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 4 years 1 week ago
Hi ChillyGiff, A single SuperSub X should do a great job in a 20 x 20 listening room. This subwoofer is quite powerful, yet it sounds clean, detailed and articulate. Its patented dual-plane inertially-balanced design also helps to provide evenly distributed bass throughout your listening room. The SuperSub X should blend quite well with your existing GoldenEar loudspeakers. Happy Listening!

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 1 week ago
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi, ChillyGiff

Welcome to the forum! It's a friendly place, lots of help available.

I didn't want to see this sit without an answer.

Yeah, your set up would definitely benefit from some lively bass! One SuperSub X would add tons of bass slam, and match perfectly with your other GoldenEar speakers. Two subs always makes bass balancing easier, but one SuperSub X would make a world of difference to bring movie/games/music to life.

IF the Klipsch sub is a good tonal match, you could use it as a second sub in the meantime. If it's enough different tonally to be a distraction, I'd leave it out.

You can play with sub placement to see what location gives you the best balance. But bottom line, the SuperSub X would be a perfect addition to your system IMO!

Hope this helps. Have fun with your project!

Rick

Added comment: saw Moderator's post after I posted this. Guess he was answering at the same time and is a faster, better typer! In any case, go for it!
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• blistn2's Avatar Offline
  • TRs Front LFE1, SC XXL Center, T1s S Sur. LFE2
    • Thank you received: 12
blistn2 Posted 4 years 1 week ago
It's always been my understanding that square rooms were terrible for acoustics. Adding multiple subs (4) might be better than just 1. Of course, you would also need a way to tune them for the room. You might go used to stay within your budget.

Thanks for the info!

Do you think my room is too big for one supersub? I could eventually get 2, or suck it up and go with an xxl?

I have an offer to buy 2 SVS SB4000 for 1500 +shipping, and I am considering it pretty seriously. Any experience or input there?

It’s hard to get honest opinions on most forums, people seem to suggest only SVS/HSU/etc... but anyone I’ve talked with who actually heard a SuperSub, loves it.
Anthem MRX720
2x Triton Five
SuperCenter X
1x SuperSat 3

Thanks for the info!

Do you think my room is too big for one supersub? I could eventually get 2, or suck it up and go with an xxl?

I have an offer to buy 2 SVS SB4000 for 1500 +shipping, and I am considering it pretty seriously. Any experience or input there?

It’s hard to get honest opinions on most forums, people seem to suggest only SVS/HSU/etc... but anyone I’ve talked with who actually heard a SuperSub, loves it.
Anthem MRX720
2x Triton Five
SuperCenter X
1x SuperSat 3

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Sub suggestion for 20x20 theater?