file Need recommendations for right 5.1,7.1 or 5.1.2 setup for my room layout .

• Supered17's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 41
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Supered17 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Ok, I have been out of the game for over 12 years now ..So with all the new formats I want to make sure I get the right system for my needs and for my room . My current budget is about 5-6k including AVR ,sub and 5.1 or 7.1 or 5.1.2 system .
My family room is open to the kitchen and I really have no side wall space for any rears which leaves a back wall for rears and or in ceiling for rears or Atmos .. it's about a 17 x 15 room and ceiling is 10 feet vaulted and in the sitting area and center ceiling indents in to 10 feet 8 inches .
Was originally interested in triton 5 and super center xl and hsu sub vtf15 as the heart and base of the system as for rears atmos surrounds I'm conflicted to go mpx ,650 or 7000 ect ..here are the pics of the layout and room
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• joe654's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
joe654 Posted 6 years 1 week ago
I don't know the solution but i can say it that the room is very beautiful

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
Timecop Posted 6 years 1 week ago
You mentioned getting the right system for your needs, but you didn’t tell us what those needs are. What’s your movie/music split? Do you listen to music in 2-channel, or surround?

Without knowing anything, my basic recommendation would be triton 2+ for 2-channel music. If you want to build out a home theater, add in a supersubx and some surrounds (either in-wall or supersats).

As much as I love triton 5/7’s - I wouldn’t build a new system around them + a sub, as a pair of triton 2+’s will take you much, much further.
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 1 week ago
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Moderator. info_outline

Supered17 wrote: ... as for rears atmos surrounds I'm conflicted to go mpx ,650 or 7000 ect ..

In-Ceiling vs. In-Wall so this would depend on your preference ... with a 5.1.2 system it would certainly be preferred to do MPX in-wall at ear level and Invisa HTR 7000 or Invisa 650 for your in-ceiling height channels.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Need recommendations for right 5.1,7.1 or 5.1.2 setup for my room layout .