question-circle what type of amp to purchase for Triton 1’s and hookup recommendations

• erporsche's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
erporsche Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Need advice as to what type of amp to purchase for Triton 1’s and hookup recommendations. Have read almost every post on the forum for amp recommendations.

Current listening setup and likes are as is:
1. House is open floor plan.
2. New T1’s will be used exclusively for music in living room.
3. T1’s will be placed in the corners of living room/open floor plan in the corners approximately 30 feet apart with 9 foot ceiling. Carpet flooring.
4. Rear TV room – Music/music videos from Apple TV4K (music files on hard drive of MAC), Denon Phono, CD’s via OPPO 103 via the Pioneer Elite SC-85 Receiver on a home 7.1 theater setup.
5. Living room adjacent to rear TV room (open floor plan) - Old Sony 2.0 channel receiver that powers some 2 old speakers in the living room and 6 outside speakers in rear Pool area
6. Sometimes I listen to music/music videos simultaneously with Pioneer 7.1 set up and Sony 2.0 setup (TV and living room)
7. Other times I use the Sony to listen in the living room and pool area simultaneously via Bluetooth Apple iPhone with sound degradation
8. All audio components are inside enclosed cabinet with circulation fans for cooling.

Have not purchased T1’s yet but have listened at a GE dealer. Expect to make purchase in coming weeks. Dealer will do at home demo of speakers but need amp advice and setup options.

My options for hookup in my mind are as follows:
1. Use Pioneer PreOut to new amp to 2.0 stereo to living room T1’s.
2. Purchase a Sonos connect connected to new amp to 2.0 stereo to living room T1’s
3. Purchase a Sonos connect connected to new amp to 2.0 stereo for pool area (6 outdoor speakers)

I am open to integrated amp to connect components with advice on configuration options. Looking to spend at the high end for amp up to $2500, but prefer (obviously spending less). Was looking at Music Fidelity M6SI. I like to have the best quality sound (loud) understanding my music library will largely be via computer/MAC music files.

Appreciate any advice on configuration options and amp advice keeping 7.1 setup, new T1’s and 6 outside speakers?

Thank you in advance!:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Hello erporsche,

Welcome to the GE Forum! Lot's of advice from folks who want you to have the very best listening experiences.

For an integrated stereo amp in your budget range, check out Cambridge Audio. Look at the 851A Amplifier.

Then, check out the Cambridge 851A Amp on Crutchfield's website. Crutchfield is an outstanding company with excellent service and competitive prices. Check their extended same as cash terms.

Best,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: HTSME

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 5 months ago
Option 1.

If you are planning to use Sonos with your Triton Ones, do not use their amp, connect their Sonos receiver to a digital input on the Pioneer (or whatever your pre/pro or receiver is) as an additional input.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice what type of amp to purchase for Triton 1’s and hookup recommendations