file Invisa HTR 7000 5.1, need advice please

• NB4Dark's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
NB4Dark Posted 6 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by NB4Dark. info_outline
Hello, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to most audio in general. I thought about purchasing a pair of Invisa HTR 7000 for the front left and front right in a 5.1.1 set up. The distance from my seating area to the tv is 10 ft. My pre wired area for speaker placement is directly beside the tv (fireplace). Also my ceiling is 11 ft high so, if I have calculated the distance from the where the speaker will be to the seating area correctly, it should be 15 ft. The center will mount below tv hanging on fireplace. Would this be effective? Also I purchased a yamaha A770bl 95 watt rms per channel 7.2 receiver because I got a great deal on it. I'm still within my return limit, which I'm really giving alot of thought to. Do you have receiver preferences?

PS: sorry mods I now realize this may need to be moved to buying advice?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 8 months ago
Hi NB4Dark, and welcome here!!!!
That is a great room and will end up being a fine home theater I imagine. Because you are at the right place, GEt makes so many great speakers for your situation, and they all play so very well together in a home theater.
Your Yamaha is probably a good place to start, it might not have enough power for you if you get some tower speakers front left and right, but you can start there and see. You can always pull a pre out signal wire from the Yamaha to a more powerful amp later and feed that to the front speakers. While letting the Yamaha run all the other, less greedy speakers.
I would be VERY careful of a fire in the fireplace and a TV and a center channel speaker right above the fireplace. IF you put the center channel as low as you can, so the TV is not way up there so the family has to crane their necks to watch the TV, THEN you might want ONLY decorative light only playlike fire in there.
You ask for recommendations, so here goes, but it really is gonna all be up to you, what you want. I would go with Triton 2+ speakers left and right, but now that I re read your question, it looks like you may already have decided on the 7000s for front left and right? And mounted on the ceiling? Guess I was thinking those were for surrounds.
Well, I am not the right person to advise in that regard. Just keep them all GEt speakers and it will sound great all around.
Have fun building a great HT.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Wayne, thank you, I re read my post and it just didn't seem right so I re wrote it lol. I think it now makes some sort of sense.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks NB4Dark,
You said the speaker wires are already there, is that in the ceiling? Is that the reason you are looking at the 7000s?
You are not planning on standing speakers beside the fireplace?
My comments about burning your center speaker and TV still stand IF you try to use the fireplace, ha ha.
Is your primary interest home theater, movies? Or are you planning on music as well with this system?
IF you are just going with small speakers, then your Yamaha may be just the ticket, it is probably a good unit, especially if you got a good buy on it.
Wish I could help more.
God Bless,
Wayne

Ya, the builder pre wired 4 spots 2 on each side of the fire place and 2 just above where the primary seating will be give or take a few ft. Ok, so on the standing speakers I have 3 problems, my wife doesn't want the clutter, she reminds me of how much she hated our last set of stand speakers, if I put them beside the fireplace they will block the cabinets on each side (minor), I don't believe I have the budget for them. As far as burning the fireplace, I have thought about that and we most likely will never light it anyhow, although my wife really really wants to. Yes, my primary interest is home theatre, movies. Occasionally probably some music but not it's intended purpose. The receiver I'm really contemplating returning it until I know exactly what type of system I'm building.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well, sorry, wish I could help you more with your questions.
I do not know the ceiling speakers, but I am sure that GEt speakers are voiced VERY well with their HVFR tweeters, they are the heart and soul of the whole line. You can't lose with them.
I don't know anything about that Yamaha, even after reading a review, it was sorta hit and miss. Not bad at all, but not great either.
I hope others here can comment more usefully.
Let us know how it turns out?
God Bless,
Wayne

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Invisa HTR 7000 5.1, need advice please