file Subwoofer Recommendation

• CP2000's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
CP2000 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
First time poster here.... I just moved into a new house and had a full GET Atmos setup installed, SC3DA XL in front, 4 Invisa 525s in ceiling and 2 MPXs in the rear. It's a fairly large living room, 20x17, with 14' tall ceiling peak sloping to 10' at the walls, and the room opens into the kitchen and the dining beyond. I'm currently using an older DefTech Supercube II, 8" with 2 8" radiators, 1200W, and it actually doesn't do too badly in this space, but I want something newer/better, of course. My thoughts on a new sub are between the SuperSub X, 2 FF4s, or the SVS SB13 Ultra or 2 SB2000s. I've demoed the SS X and XXL at my local dealer, and while I would love the XXL, I just don't have the space for it without it dominating the space. I've also demoed the SB2000 at a Best Buy, but it's so hard to compare different subs when they're not in the same location. Does anybody have any direct comparisons with these subs?

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
Timecop Posted 7 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Timecop. info_outline
Is this for primarily home theater use? I ask, because for stereo listening I'd go supersub x. For home theater, I like two subs (e.g., use a supersub x AND your supercube... just place them in opposite ends of the room).
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner

• rorcocobun's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 24
rorcocobun Posted 7 years 1 month ago
Hi,

What are the overall dimensions of the room the subwoofer(s) will occupy. My personal preference is to run two subwoofers as opposed to a single larger unit. My home theatre is 20' x 14' x 8' and I'm currently running two Forcefield 4 subs. Originally I went with a single ForceField 5 but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it integrate properly. Long story short, boy am I glad I chose to go the multiple sub root. Great clean bass with loads of headroom to spare.
Marantz AV7005
Marantz MM7055
Denon POA 4400 Mono Amp x2
Oppo BDP-105
GoldenEar SuperSat50 (L/C/R)
GoldenEar SuperSat 3 (SL/SR)
GoldenEar ForceField 4 Subwoofer x2

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Subwoofer Recommendation