file Any advice for rear pairing with Triton Ones?

• Chazboski's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 9
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Chazboski Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Good to know everything plays well together. I'm still not quite sure what I want to do. I REALLY want to upgrade my current system and I think the Aon 3s and the super center xxl would be a great start while allowing myself to move them to the surrounds later, but at the same time I can't help but wonder if it's really worth it to save up for Triton 2+ or 3+ for the surrounds and just live with what I have for now. I'm a firm believer in "do it right once", but I just can't find any real information to tell me if that's going to be needlessly overkill. People who have done it like eiffel62 seem to love it, but I'm in way out of my element here.

I know enough about speakers to know some basics, and I've got enough of a science background to grasp the physics in play with speakers and cables (read: knowing I don't need to spend 100 bucks on a copper cable with fancy wrapping), but I can't help but feel like easy prey when I talk to the sales guys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Best advice is to get what fits your space and your budget. Although having powered Triton Towers for surrounds is very cool (we did it at a trade show for fun), it is rarely something that "fits" typical home theater rooms. Fortunately (and opinions vary wildly), you can utilize bass management and make smaller speakers do the job just as well. I would guess over 90% of Triton One based home theaters have SuperSat or Invisa as surrounds (including mine) and they sound spectacular.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
My HT is similar to the one you are building.
HT -> Marantz 7701, Outlaw Audio 770 amp, GeT One mains, GeT SCXXL, GeT SuperSat 50s, 1 X Power Sound Audio XV15se, fed by Oppo BDP-105D and a mac mini

Using the SuperSat 50s (horizontally mounted on the walls) as the rears.
Sounds great!
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Chazboski's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 9
Chazboski Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Thanks for the insight. Sounds like the general thought process from people is while the Triton 2+s as surrounds would be awesome, it's probably overkill and kind of a pain in the ass to make work. Outside of that, sounds like the SuperSats would win out over the Aons for this job. Am I reading into that right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Chazboski, there are no wrong answers here, but not reading that right from this corner. But up to you.
If not towers then Aons. (Did you have a chance to audition any of these babies?)
Heck, it is your money, I would just get the best speakers I can. You can always use them many places.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Any advice for rear pairing with Triton Ones?