file Trtiton One speakers multi-purpose use.

• Kamil Styczyński's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Kamil Styczyński Posted 7 years 9 months ago
Hello,

Hello GoldenEar forum members!

This is my first post there so first I would like to say hello :)

I decided to buy pair of Triton One speakers together with SuperCenter XL. I will use it in my multi-purpose room ( cinema / gaming / stereo ). I want to get good sound from it. I decided to use ANTHEM MRX-720. Will it be enough or should I add ANTHEM MCA-225 to get better performance out of Triton One speakers? I will also have 2 back speakers revelspeakers.com/productdetail/~/product/c363.html

Here is how the room will look like:

i.imgur.com/2rzO0Wx.png

Where ob46 is marked I will have a wall. Triton One speakers will be on this wall.

Is anthem a good choice for cinema / stereo or should I look for something different?
What is your best soultion for good sounding Triton One speakers?

Regards,
Kamil
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 9 months ago
Kamil,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new gear! Am I correct in assuming the gear is on order and not yet in place? The Anthem receiver is a great choice for multi-purpose use. Combine that with the MCA-225 or a good integrated amplifier with home theater bypass and a top shelf DAC and you will be in business. There are a lot of options but your planned use and environment will dictate the optimal solution.

Could you tell us a little more about the room and how requently you will be using the gear for music versus home theater versus gaming? A percentage of use for each application will give us a good idea of your priorities. You have a lot of options but with the stated gear, you are probably 80% of the way towards optimal sound! You could even start with what you have planned and add an amp later.

In general, I would say that having a separate amp for the T1s would be a good idea and a significant improvement. It will free up some of the amplifier load fron the MRX-720 for better theater and gaming performance. It will also provide rock solid amplification to the T1s for spirited music sessions. I have the AVM-60 and like it very much for theater and gaming, but have found that my dedicated 2-channel setup is better for music. I'm not sure the DAC implementation is the "best" when it comes to music. Just my opinion. The MRX-720 with a Parasound Halo or other integrated amp may be the perfect solution if you listen to a lot of music. If your not a serious enthusiast or critical listener, the DAC and room correction offered by the 720 may be perfect with the added power of a good 4-ohm stable stereo amp, like the MC-225.

Congrats again on the gear! Looks like you're going to have a great space to enjoy them. Please let us know how things proceed and share some pictures as things move forward!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamil Styczyński

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 7 years 9 months ago
I agree with T Cobe 100% including specifically looking for a separate "front end" for music. This is most easily done in my experience by finding a pre-amp or integrated amp with Home Theater Bypass as T Cobe noted.

Here is a great comprehensive list www.audiophile.no/en/articles-tests-revi...with-processor-input
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, Kamil Styczyński

• Kamil Styczyński's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
Kamil Styczyński Posted 7 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Thanks for replies!

Right now I bought:

2 x triton one
1 x supercenter xl
1 x mrx-720
2 x Ravel c363

I need to know what else should I buy to get best performance out of Triton One speakers.

It is hard to tell how the system will be used because it is not yet installed. I guest it will be 25% gaming/movies or tv shows/music/sports

As I am quite new to this it would be good if you can give me good starter setup for best sounding Triton One speakers. My previous setup was old DENON a/v and DALI IKON 6 speakers so I want to make a nice step forward. I only understand what a/v reciver and speakers are. I do not know what other sound equipment does ( no clue what monoblock amp is etc. ) so any help pointing me in right direction will be apriciated :)

If I add Parasound Halo or MCA-225 to above setup I am good to go? What is a difference between these two?
What is a top shelf DAC and what is it used for?

I will mostly listen to high quality flac files via usb or I will stream them via playfi.

Here is detailed view of the room:

imgur.com/gallery/jsLcg

Regards,
Kamil
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
imahawki Posted 7 years 9 months ago
You're asking a lot of questions that are subjective but I'll give it a shot. There are some known "best bang for the buck" DACs out there so you could do some searches and read up on your own. I personally think that while the DAC is important, you'll get the best benefit from having your system run through a dedicated stereo pre-amp / integrated amp. That's where the Home Theater Bypass mode comes into play. So I'd start there. Some well regarded integrated amps have DACs built in that are going to be better than an AVR DAC, even something like an Anthem that is higher end than mass market. Its just the reality of manufacturing something that switches and amplifies 2ch sources vs. something that has to process video, scale video, switch video, process multi-channel audio, amplify 7-9 channels, do bass management digitally, EQ etc. etc. If you are interested in tubes, PrimaLuna makes some great pre-amps and integrated amps. For solid state there are dozens of great choices on that list I posted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 9 months ago
Kamil,

Are you working through a dealer and custom installer with this project? If so, it may be best to work with them on a lot of this. As Imahawki has said, a lot of this s subjective. Essentially a DAC turns the digital music into an analog signal to be played back by your speakers, after a lot of other things happen. The MRX 720 doesn't have a USB input for flat files. Using PlayFi seems to lower the quality of the music. Cutting to the end, if you listen to a lot of music, there are eventual options you could integrate to increase the performance of your T1s.

I would probably suggest you start with the MRX 720 and see how it goes with that first. If you have the ability to cancel your order for the surround speakers, I'd recommend going with a GET model instead of Revel. Revel is a great brand, but your surround sound experience will be better with similarly voiced speakers. GET does a fantastic job making their speakers all sound very similar. Combined with the various options for floor, on wall, in wall, and in ceiling installation, there is pretty much a solution for everyone. The Invisa line has the MPX that would be great for in-wall installation if that's what you need. If you want an in ceiling option, the HTR-7000 seems to be the best solution. I was extremely happy when I finally got around to changing my surrounds to GET's Aon 3 speakers.

You may also want to consider the SuperCenterXXL if you have time to switch. If not, don't sweat it: it's going to sound great. What other gear do you or will you have? Blu-ray player? Game console? Projector/television? I'd love to hear more about your plans. Looks like a great project.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Trtiton One speakers multi-purpose use.