lightbulb Triton2+ based system setup - need your opinion

• ullahw2920's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ullahw2920 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
Hello,

I have purchased the following equipment for my home theatre/music (60% TV, movies & 40% music); still waiting for delivery. Could you folks please give me your expert opinion if I got it wrong in any way? This is part of an upgrade I am doing after 8 years and would like it close to perfect. Thanks in advance for your replies......

New system:
2x Triton 2+
1x Super Center XXL
2x Super Sat 3
Pre/amp Yamaha RX-A3050
4x HTR 7000 to be added next year for Dolby Atmos.
For now, strictly a 5.1 system using T2+'s built-in subs. Contemplating if I should get a Forcefield 4 or 5 in the next few weeks.

Old system:
Bose Acoustimass 10 powered by Yamaha RX-V3800
Front: 2 x Triton 2+
Center: Super Center XXL
Surround: 2 x Super Sat 3
Height (Dolby Atmos): 4 x HTR 7000
Sub: Force Field 4
Amps: McIntosh MC452 (powering the Tritons) & MC207 (powering the remaining speakers)
Pre-amp: Marantz 8802A
Source: Oppo 105D
Display: Samsung UN65JS8500
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, Tetrall, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 5 months ago
Ullahw2920,

Congrats on the new gear and welcome to the forum! That whole setup should sound great. I haven't heard the T2+ but have to imagine they are very close to the T1s. They should sound great and with the SCXXL, your front sound field should be fantastic. I'd also bet that the T2+ should give you plenty of bass for home theater if you use the LFE. You'll just need to play with the settings and tune things in properly.

If your goal is ultimately Atmos, you will need to mount your surrounds around ear level. If I were going to offer any sort of advice on your selection, it would be on the surrounds. I have no doubt the SSAT3s sound great but I feel with the new object based sound mixes for movies sound better through a fuller range speaker. Depending on the amount of room you have available and your budget, the Aon 2/3 or T5/7 may be "better". Keep in mind we are talking various degrees of good here. I like my Aon 3s for surrounds and think they are the perfect compromise between form and function. Plus they use the same drivers as the HTR-7000s so the surround sound field should be great when all are working in concert with each other.

Don't get too wrapped up in perfect and second guess yourself. Every system is built with compromises. Ultimately, you need to pick the best setup for you and other peoples' opinions, including mine, should be taken wth a grain of salt. The setup you have listed will sound great! Keep us posted once you have things in place. I'd love to hear your impressions once you have it fired up and running full speed ahead. Check back if you have any setup questions. Happy hunting and tuning!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dark, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Triton2+ based system setup - need your opinion