lightbulb Home Theatre newbie

• sk8er33's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
sk8er33 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
Hi,
So I have recently purchased a new home and are looking into doing some small renovations to the living room area, including adding a home theatre/media set up. The problem is I am fairly new to the higher end speaker set ups these days.
We already own a Yamaha receiver which is only about 3 years old, which id like to reuse in this system (RX-V473 5.1 surround)
With the speaker layout, id like to keep it very minimalist so was looking at using the Super Cinema 3D array up front underneath the TV, which would both be recessed in to the wall.
For the two rear channels id like to use two of the invisa series speakers, but am unsure of which ones would be suitable for the room layout and size, the problem being that the sofa is hard up against the back wall. Would a ceiling mounted speaker be more ideal for this situation?
The living area is about 13 feet x 13.5 feet and 8 feet tall, but is also side by side with the dining/kitchen area (open plan style)
I was also looking a using the Forcefield 3 sub for bass duties. Would this be adequate for this size space?
I have attached a photo of the area on here, so its a bit easier to visualize.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 8 years 5 months ago
Thanks for joining the forum. The 3D Array and ForceField 3 will make a nice combo and will work fine with your Yamaha receiver, just make sure to follow proper setup guidelines. Not sure what you mean by recessed, but not a good idea if you mean the speaker is going to be less than flush with the wall behind. As far as rears, in-ceiling is not preferred but is certainly fine if your only option. Invisa MPX in the back wall for surrounds at just over ear height would work nicely.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Home Theatre newbie