file Room size

• Andy D's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Andy D Posted 8 years 7 months ago
My first post (and I haven't even purchased yet!!). Looking hard at the T1, but my listening room is only 14x17 feet, so I'm also considering the T2's. Either will be powered by a Parasound A21 250 wpc main amp. Do you guys think the T1's would be too much for my room size? I know I can dial down the base, but I don't want to overspeaker the room. The room is behind my detached garage, which let's me play to loud volumes whenever I want, and I often do. Thanks in advance for any feedback. I've tried to attach a pic of my current set-up showing my current Def Tech BP2002s. I also have a pair of JBL L5's that I swap out. It's time for the Triton's.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by T Cobe. info_outline
Andy D,

Welcome to the forum! Great setup and gear. You should be all set for a pair of T1s or T2s, depending on what you decide. The common theme here is that there is no such thing as too much speaker but there is too little.

That said, there is probably a "right" size. The T2+ may be a perfect solution but we tend to recommend the best speaker you can afford in case things change later. You never know when you may move or add a home theater and need to fill a bigger space. If you like playing music loud, the T1 would be a great way to go. They should sound great with your Parasound!

I'd recommend a good demo at your local dealer. Heck, you could even take your amp with you and get a workout at the same time. :laugh: Happy hunting and please let us know what you decide.

Cheers,

T Cobe

P.S. Please share some more details about your electronics. That looks like an amazing setup!!!
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Sorry Andy D...I agree with everything T Cobe has said, it looks like your wallet will also become much lighter in the process (shopping for speakers is lIke great sex)...if ya got the mula, the T1's are your Babies...no reservations. If you need help lugging them home, I'm available. :)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

I was hoping to hear that! I did audition the T1's last weekend, but just wanted to hear back from people with experience. Thanks for the feedback.

Room components: Denon DP59M and a DP59L turntables. One runs to an Allnic H1201, the other to a Parasound JC3+. JC River Id, & a Sonos player running to a Teac UD501 Dac. Preamp is a Parasound JC2, main amp is a Parasound A21.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
If you go for the T1's, you will love them!!!! No such thing thing as a bad choice among GEt speaker options.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, T Cobe

Awesome advice from everyone, thanks! I had my choice narrowed down to Revel F208, PSB T3 and the GE T1s. I heard the Tritons last weekend. It's nice to know that you're spending money on the internal technology and sound, and not polished mahogany or cherry veneer. These are smart speakers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back