file new to GoldenEar

• rldunc's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rldunc Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Looking for a new music system, looking at Peachtree Audio / GoldenEar Aon3 setup. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks
(I am a first time poster)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 months ago
rldunc,

Welcome to the forum! The Aon 3s are great speakers. If you require a bookshelf speaker, the Aon 2 and 3 are both fine choices. Where do you plan on setting them up? What kind of set up and use? What type of music? All of these details play a part in the decision making process. The most important factor is what sounds best to you.

Have you been out to a dealer to listen to the Aons? I currently use them as surrounds in my home theater but before I purchased my Tritons, I had the Aons set up as my left/right mains with a SuperCenter XL. I liked them a lot but they were not enough for my large space. While very detailed, the Aons are also very forgiving in terms of placement and set up. I had never been a fan of bookshelf speakers or two-way designs, but the Aons changed my opinion in both regards.

Peachtree Audio also has a great reputation and I have no doubt the pairing would sound great. I would encourage you to listen to the full product line of GET before you make your final decision. I would also try a few different amp options to make sure you like the pairing. Let us know how you get on. Good luck and happy hunting!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Hi Ridunc,
And welcome to the forum!!!! You are in the right place and asking the right questions. But, as T Cobe asked, IF you
give us more information as to your room, your listening requirements, music or movies, or both, etc then we can give you much better
answers.
I too hope you can get to a dealer and audition some of the GEt speakers.
IF you have room and can manage, the towers like the Triton 7s or 5s are wonderful, and if you can manage the powered towers like the Triton 2s or Ones, you will move up into a whole new world of powerful music and movies.
But whatever you choose, I am sure you will be happy.
This is all fun, enjoy the process of building a system.
And I hope we can help.
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 3 months ago
For a 2-channel setup, l think the Peachtree/Aon 3 would be first rate. I've used the Aon 3's in a 2-channel setup for several months...beautiful, beautiful, sounding speakers. I've never heard Peachtree Audio, but I have a cousin in Tennessee that has an Peachtree Nova...absolutely loves it.

Food for thought...speaker cables, interconnects, power cables, and tubes really do make a difference.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Rickcar1's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 4
Rickcar1 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
I have this set up, Peachtree nova-pre with Peachtree 220 amp powering my Aon3's! I love it! I originally had the Peachtree nova with 80 watts per channel and it sounded great. But when I upgraded to the nova-pre and Peachtree 220 amp, it was unbelievable! The soundstage just jumped out and I could hear music that I was missing before! I had the pleasure of meeting Sandy a few years ago at the The Little Guys one night they were showcasing new products and had manufacture reps present from both Peachtree and Goldenear. I was blown away by the Tritons sound and Sandy handed out one of the tweeters for inspection along with the midrange speaker to show the quality. At that time the Aon's hadn't been released yet. But as soon as they were I purchased a pair and love them! I listen to a variety of music, blues, old rock, a little jazz and even some oldies like Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc! I hope you move forward with your purchase and enjoy it as much as I do! Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Wow Rickcar1,
That sounds like quite the setup, thanks for chiming in here!!!
Thanks for the Sandy story too.
Stay with us and share more.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice new to GoldenEar