question-circle Speaker Recommendation

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 9 years 6 months ago
An all-in-ceiling system using Invisa HTR 7000's and augmented with the ForceField 4 subwoofer would be a very nice system. The HTR 7000s are designed to cast the image in front of you, instead of from above, like a traditional in-ceiling speaker. You can use Invisa 650s for surround/rear duties, although the 7000s are preferred for that application as well.

The suggestion for the 3D Array sound bar to handle L/C/R duties is also an excellent idea. Attach it to the TV mount below the TV and it will just blend in with the TV as if its not there. Only issue with the soundbar is the sub(s) should be located in the front and not off in a corner or elsewhere in the room.

As far as your sources, there is nothing wrong with cable audio, it is good Dolby Digital at a decent bit rate. It will not be your limiting factor.

I have no idea how the other speakers you mentioned fit into this conversation or why you would consider those versus the great sounding GoldenEar Invisa speakers. Didn't you say you were only going to do this every decade? Why would you want something less?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Stoofpilot,

Just want to add a couple of points here on top of the great input already provided. If your television and speakers will be mounted over the fireplace, speaker height and directional sound may be an important consideration. This makes the Invisa HTR 7000 even more relevant.

GoldenEar has received a lot of feedback form professionals and customers on their applications. During CES 2013, they were able to fool industry professionals that they were listening to Triton towers with the HTR 7000. That speaks volumes! Conversely, I could only find a couple of customer reviews for Aperion on wall and in ceiling speakers. Absent being able to listen to these products in person, for yourself, you are more dependent on reviews.

Ultimately, you have to make the best decision based on your specific circumstances. Good luck and please keep us posted on your results. Thank you.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• Stoofpilot's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 6
Stoofpilot Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Thanks for the reply. Since I live in Wilmington, NC and I know Steve at House of Sound, I went and visited with him this morning. Just telling him my thoughts, the first thing he brought up were the GoldenEar speakers. I will be going with the 3-HTR 7000 in the front and 650 in the rears along with the GoldenEar ForceField 4 sub.

Question-do I need to put something like PolyFill in the ceiling behind the speakers?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Congrats! Can't imagine they won't sound fantastic. Please share your feedback once they are in place.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

Question-do I need to put something like PolyFill in the ceiling behind the speakers?

You are absolutely correct. I bought a Pioneer Elite Plasma eight years ago and still cannot find a replacement for the picture quality. OLED will be my answer. Visited your local dealer House of Sound today here in Wilmington, NC. I know Steve the owner. He has everything I need.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Speaker Recommendation