file Should I upgrade from the Triton 2's to the 1's?

• naylorman32's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 9
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
naylorman32 Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Hello fellow members-

I'm at a bit of a crossroads. I purchased the Triton 2's about a year ago, and have LOVED them. I have a 7.2 system, with Triton 2's as mains, 4 SS60's as surrounds (overkill, i know... but got a great deal), and the SCXL. I also have 2 SVS PB13 Ultras (again, overkill... but oh well, love em)

My question... should I consider upgrading to the Triton 1's and selling my 2's to help fund the cause? Normally, I would just keep the 2's for 2 channel music elsewhere in the house, but my dedicated movie room really handles everything at this point.

Would it be worth the extra 3ishhh thousand bucks? I don't need any more bass, but are the highs and mids THAT much better?

Heres a current list of my gear, just so everyone gets the entire picture.

XPR5
XPR2
Marantz AV8801
Panamax 7500 PRO

I look forward to everyone's opinion!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Hi Naylorman32,
Wow, sounds like you have a great system already!!!
I cannot speak to how much better the Triton Ones are than the Triton 2s. I have the T 2s and love them and never gotten to hear the Ones yet.
Have you auditioned the Triton Ones yet? I think only you can tell whether or not the Ones are THAT much better than the T 2s.
I always say get the best speakers you can afford, because you will probably keep them for a VERY long time, I know I will.
Go for it, and whatever you do, pls report back to us and let us know.
Enjoy the music and the search for nirvana, it is all fun! With the speakers you are looking at, you can't lose!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Wayne-

I have in fact auditioned the 1's. They sounded AMAZING. At the same time however, I didnt hear the 2's vs the 1's at the same time... so its very difficult to compare the two.

I agree that speakers last much longer than anything else you'd buy in a home theater, so it might be a good decision to upgrade. I just don't know if i'd ever really be utilizing the improved sub woofer output in the 1's since I already have 2 massive SVS subwoofers in the room, hence why i'm wondering if anyone has heard both speakers in person and can testify that the 1's are a noticeable improvement for high's and mid's.

If i could upgrade anything... i'd actually wish we'd get a better center channel. Don't get me wrong, i like my SCXL, but i think there's definite room for improvement. :)

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 7 months ago
What about the SC XL do you find objectionable? I was thinking of upgrading to the SC XL...I'm interested to hear what you have to say.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Anthem-

Dont get me wrong, its a great center speaker... but in my personal setup, i set the crossover pretty high since I dont need that bass output, so when i judge it, i'm looking for great high frequency feedback. I'd say when you get into certain dialogues in movies, it can get a little muffled depending on your volume level. Maybe its just my system so i don't utilize it as much as most people probably can.

I'd definitely say if you have a goldenear system, then the SCXL is the way to go. while i do have a couple supersat 60's, i've never tried it as a center channel, so i cannot speak on that front.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Naylorman32 and Anthem,
I really would think that any lack in the mids or highs of the SC XL would have to be in your room/setup. I only have the SC X but with the same HVFR being the same in all our speakers, I have AWESOME highs and mids. And they are consistent across the board, all around the room.
Naylorman32, good that you have auditioned the Ones. Hearing both the Ones and 2 side by side would be good, even better, in your own room, then you would really have something to make a great comparison.
Have fun,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, naylorman32

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Should I upgrade from the Triton 2's to the 1's?