file Should I upgrade from the Triton 2's to the 1's?

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Sean...do me a favor and set the crossover of the SC XL to 80 and listen to a movie with numerous female voices, at both low and high volumes. You pick the movie...report back with your findings.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• naylorman32's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 9
naylorman32 Posted 9 years 7 months ago
i think my usual crossover is 60 or 70, so i will bump it up a bit and let you know what i think. i'll try it out with Les Mis. Thats probably the most high pitched female voices i can think of in a movie LOL my gf will think i'm doing her a favor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 7 months ago

naylorman32 wrote: i'm wondering if anyone has heard both speakers in person and can testify that the 1's are a noticeable improvement for high's and mid's.

Balanced crossover technology and lower crossover point to bass section make mids and highs in Triton One very special. Perhaps even more noticeable than the additional bass output and extension, depending on listening levels and preferences.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, naylorman32

• naylorman32's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 9
naylorman32 Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Finally had the time to do a little bit of listening. I'd definitely say tweaking with the crossover helped a bit. I think a bit of my dialogue is drowned out from bass, just due to the current setup of my room and the 2 subs. That will eventually get fixed once i get rid of a couple things in the room to open it up.

If you're on the fence of getting it, i'd say go for it. The only suggestion i would have if you didn't go with the SCXL is to go for a vertical standing center (assuming you have the setup to accommodate that). In my personal experience, vertical center channels sound more natural. This would also impact which L and R speakers you have of course. 3 tritons for LCR sure would be nice :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Thanks Naylorman32,
I am sure you hit on the ultimate response for Bro Anthem, IF he really wants the BEST center channel, he needs to add another Triton Tower in the center!
Bro Anthem, can you do that? Got room under that TV?
3 X Triton 2s would be VERY sweet across the front and 3 X Triton Ones, WELL I think I would click my heels together and get to Kansas some way to hear those!!!!!
Happy listening guys,
God Bless,
Wayne
P. S. Seriously, the SC XL is all you need, IMHO.
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Agreed, three Tritons across the front would be ideal - and I know some people have done that behind transparent movie screens. But for most of us that idea is a big non-starter ("honey, why is there a speaker in front of the TV?!")
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Should I upgrade from the Triton 2's to the 1's?