file Home Theatre Setup for living room need advice

• IanH's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
IanH Posted 9 years 10 months ago
I would like some advice on 2 possible setups for my living room. My main floor is all open concept. The room in question 18'x11' and opens up into my kitchen/dining area. I will not be able to use floor standing speakers for this setup and will have to use use a bookshelf/in ceiling setup. I would really appreciate any input on the positives or negatives of each setup and which would you prefer.

Receiver: Pioneer SC-87

Option 1:
Left: Aon 3
Right: Aon 3
Centre: Supersat 60C
Surround L/R: Invisa HTR 7000
Sub: Forcefield 5

Option 2:
L/C/R: Invisa HTR 7000
Surround L/R: Invisa HTR 7000
Sub: Forcefield 5
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 10 months ago
These are both excellent options and depend much more on your aesthetic desire/tolerance. The Invisa HTR 7000 and the Aon 3 are virtually identical speakers. The system with Invisa center speaker will be more tolerant of off-axis sub placement, if that's an issue. In-ceiling L/C/R will have an impact on anyone in rooms above, if that's an issue. Without knowing your room layout it would be hard to offer much more here. Might want to discuss in face to face detail with your dealer for some good advice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• CRRobert's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 49
CRRobert Posted 9 years 9 months ago
I have the in ceiling, all HTR7000 with FF4 in the living room that opens to kitchen. It leaves it open and sounds great. Just above is our master bedroom and we can hear it, but not disruptive. Normal listening levels I can sleep no problem. If it was more of a concern, would try some soundproofing or backer box.
Triton 3+
Supercenter XXL
HTR7000(5)
FF4
SS50
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Home Theatre Setup for living room need advice