file Surround speaker advice with soundbar sc3d

• mattk's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
mattk Posted 9 years 10 months ago
I have decided on the SC3D for the front and need advice on what to use for the rear. This is a large room 17*25*18h with an opening to the kitchen which is viewable while sitting on the couch. The use will be as follows...40% TV/Movie & 60% music. I will pair a sub but have not decided between ff4/ff5 or internet brand. My thought is to use the rear to push music into the kitchen area, eventually i will install an in ceiling in the kitchen but who knows when i will get to that.

I am considering the ss3 or aon2 due to size and overall appearance. On paper it seems like the aon2 will provide a fuller sound but i have yet to demo them. Can anyone provide thoughts on either/or?

I could do in-wall also but feel like i am paying more for the aesthetics.

Any feedback is appreciated and let me know if i left anything out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 10 months ago
The SuperSat 3's are the typical choice for on-wall surround/rear duties and work perfectly in that configuration with an appropriate crossover to the sub(s). We traditionally have used them for surround speakers in all our trade show demos (With the 3D Array, and all the way up to our largest towers) with spectacular results.

If you can tolerate the size and price, in your setup, the Aon 2 is a more full range speaker, as are the in-wall choices such as the Invisa MPX. Opinions vary on the need/desire for more full range surround/rear/effects channel speakers. Room size, listening habits, number and location of subs, and other room/person specific considerations, all play a role in making the correct decision.

• mattk's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
mattk Posted 9 years 10 months ago
Based on this comment i would prefer the Aon 2 as i would provide a fuller sound. Most of the listening will be with music and i am hoping this would blend well with the soundbar, do you fell like it might over power it(lack of a better term)?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Surround speaker advice with soundbar sc3d