file soundbar vs sat60c + sat3 as L&R

• mattk's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
mattk Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by mattk. info_outline
Hello all

I am in need of advice on a new set up for my living room. It is a large room 17x25x18h and is open to the kitchen and foyer. My wife has already ruled out any speakers on the floor :ohmy: The tv is mounted on the wall above a fireplace as noted in the pic attached.

My thoughts are as follows...

1. SuperCin 3d Soundbar or XL when it comes out
2. Supersat60 as C and sat3 as L&R- does it make sense ? On paper the ss60 "go lower" than the soundbar
3. SuperCenterXL as C and Sat3 as L&R- is this asking for timbre issues?

Down the road i will place Invisa MPX as surrounds in the wall but as you see in the pic i only have one wall behind the couch and nothing behind the love seat. Ceiling is not an option as it is 18'.

thanks all and as you see i am all over the place with my thoughts

I will add a sub also

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 9 years 11 months ago
All of these solutions are OK, seems like the soundbar would be the best solution for aesthetic fit. All the speakers are timbre matched, no issues with any choices there. Low frequency extension will just determine the crossover settings needed.

I think the reason you did not receive comments is you did not really give us any idea regarding your use of the system, preferences for "look", or subwoofer plans. Too blank a sheet for help here, you may want to consult your local dealer for ideas that fit your needs/space.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice soundbar vs sat60c + sat3 as L&R