file Triton 7 with Forcefield Subs vs Triton One only

• John Shepard's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 16
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
John Shepard Posted 10 years 4 weeks ago
I haven't heard the triton ones yet, but I recently got all my speakers in my theater. I'm about a month past break in and it's still getting better by the day. I have a pair of triton twos, supercenter XL, and 4 supersat 50's. My dedicated theater is 18x27x8, roughly just over 3,000 cubic feet. I was concerned that the triton twos wouldn't be enough bass for my room, so I asked my hifi shop to leave me the option of upgrading to the triton ones. Boy was I dead wrong. The tritons rock!! Not only for movies, music is the best I've ever heard. After a few months with them now, I am reconsidering upgrading to the ones, though that could change after I hear them!!!

-John Shepard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 weeks ago
Hey John,
The Triton 2s absolutely do ROCK!!!!! They are awesome speakers!!!
I can only imagine that when Sandy and Co. come out with a top of the line speaker over the T2s, it must be a real winner!!!!
And you can never have too much of a good thing (and BASS is a good thing)!!!!
I just don't see how any of you guys can lose, no matter which way you go, especially if the price is right for you, GO FOR IT!!!!
Enjoy and pls keep reporting back what we do and how it works out.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Winefix's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 70
Winefix Posted 10 years 4 weeks ago
I have the ones and give them my 1000% reccomendation over the sevens and trying to integrate sub(s)
As always, its room dependent , but the everything is seamless with having built in subs. In the past I always struggled with trying to integrate- sometimes it worked great, many times it didn't-problem completely solved now !!!
Good times, good wine, and great music !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 4 weeks ago
Winefix has it right, you will not duplicate the performance of the Triton Ones with a pair of Triton Sevens and Two ForceField 5's. But that's actually still a lot less expensive, so a great idea at that price point. One could make a pretty good argument for why that might be preferred to a pair of Triton Twos, but not Ones. Although, all else being equal, the improved bass integration and blending of the full-range design will probably win the day sonically anyway.

Regarding the Ones. keep in mind that the Triton Ones have technology that is not in the Triton Sevens. The fully balanced crossover, the use of high-end polypropylene capacitors, an advanced dual midrange chamber design, 80lbs of reinforced cabinet structure, all play a significant role in the sound quality Winefix is raving about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Triton 7 with Forcefield Subs vs Triton One only