file Need help with new GT system

• Steven N's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Steven N Posted 6 years 9 months ago
Thanks in advance with all your advises!

I currently have a pair of T5's, a super XXL middle channel, an SVS SB13 sub, Denon 4100 and Emotiva XPA5. We're moving to a new home next month with a good size media room (21'x 25'x 9') and im so excited!!
The room is pre-wired with 7.1 system and im debating either i should keep the T5's in front and add in-wall side and rear speakers (option 1), or move the T5's to the back and add T2+'s in front and install side in-wall speakers (option2).

I prefer option 1 so I can save some money for other expenses.

Would option 1 be enough for the room, or do I have to go with option 2? My max budget is $5K for speakers.

If I need to go with option 2, how do i connect the T2's since there's only 1 set of speaker wire to each speaker?

Thanks again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Your Denon is a 7 channel receiver, your power amplifier is 5 channels. For a 7.1 system you need 7 channels of amplification. Your options would be to use two channels from the Denon or add another 2 channel amplifier to your setup. The Triton Twos connect the same as your Triton Fives, not sure what the question is there.

I will let the forum members reply with their thoughts on your other questions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Steven N

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 9 months ago
Welcome Steven N.
You have come to the right place.
I would go with the T 2s, even if you had to wait a while and save up for the last two channels. 5.1 will sound awesome and especially withT 2s and a XXL in the front and T 5s for the surrounds!!! They will make more difference than those last rear channels will. The T 2s will fill that larger room really well!!! And eventually, when you can, get a good two channel (stereo) amp for the front left and right, use the 5 channel amp for the center, surrounds and rears and you will be laughing how GREAT it will sound.
What the Moderator Dude was saying is that you can just hook the T 2s up just the same as any other speaker, the internal wiring in them will sort out the bass and send it to the built in subs. Or later, if you feel you want, you can run another sub out cable to each, but it is not essential.
You have lots of options, these are just my suggestions, I am sure you will come up with a great system anyway, and YES, it is exciting to have that nice big room for a home theater!!!!
Happy listening,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, Steven N

• Steven N's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
Steven N Posted 6 years 8 months ago
Thanks Mod and Wayne!

Wayne gave me an awesome idea. I just ordered the 2 T2+. My question is since i moved the T5s to the back, which speakers should I get for the sides? Or should I place the T5s on the sides and add 2 speakers to the back? If so, what should I get?

Thanks a lot!
SN
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 8 months ago

Steven N wrote: My question is since i moved the T5s to the back, which speakers should I get for the sides? Or should I place the T5s on the sides and add 2 speakers to the back? If so, what should I get?

If you have the space for another set of towers, Triton Fives would be great for both surrounds and rears. Depending on room size, you may wish to see how you like it a a 5.1 system first and then decide if you need more for the back of the room. Not much to be gained going from 5.1 to 7.1 unless the room is quite large.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Basic Hookup and Wiring Questions Need help with new GT system