file Crossover setting on my OPPO

• MitchZ's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
MitchZ Posted 7 years 4 months ago
I am setting up my new Triton 2+ to use with an Exposure 1020S2D integrated amp and OPPO BDP-103D universal disc player. In the OPPO 'Setup Menu' - 'Audio Processing' - 'Crossover' - I can select from 40Hz to 250Hz. There is no 'Off' position.

Any recommendations? I didn't notice any differences even between the of extremes of 40 and 250Hz. Is this mainly for use if I had a seperate sub-woofer/LFE?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 4 months ago
Hi MitchZ, and welcome to the forum.
I will let someone with the 103 answer you more effectively, specifically, but the crossover that would make a sound difference would be in your receiver, the one where you can select whether to output full range sound to your T2+ or to send the bottom end frequencies to a subwoofer (or to the LFE input of your T2+ IF you had them connected). In your Oppo it is probably bypassing that crossover choice somewhere else, and that is the reason you heard no difference.
How does music sound? If it sounds great, then no harm no foul.
Hope this helps, but others can and probably will help more.
Be welcome here, happy listening, you have great speakers,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 4 months ago

MitchZ wrote: I am setting up my new Triton 2+ to use with an Exposure 1020S2D integrated amp and OPPO BDP-103D universal disc player. In the OPPO 'Setup Menu' - 'Audio Processing' - 'Crossover' - I can select from 40Hz to 250Hz. There is no 'Off' position.

Any recommendations? I didn't notice any differences even between the of extremes of 40 and 250Hz. Is this mainly for use if I had a seperate sub-woofer/LFE?

For two channel playback there is no audio processing. Your left/right analog outputs should be full range, in the setup menu all speakers other than left/right main should be set to No.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Basic Hookup and Wiring Questions Crossover setting on my OPPO