file Configure 3 Channel Triton 2+ and Supercenter XL

• Jason R Perryman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 16
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Jason R Perryman Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Just ordered my Triton 2+ along with a Supercenter XL-

Currently have Emotiva XPA-2 gen 2 300 WPCx2 for the big guys and a smaller 50 WPCx2 to use one channel for the center speaker-

XMC-1 for the DAC- configure the Tritons to Large speakers- then the Center channel small or large? which works better?

Super excited Christmas is coming early!
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Tritons to Large, Center to Small with 80Hz crossover as a starting point, Sub to Yes if running separate LFE cables, No if speaker wire only. All this is explained in the owners manuals, and you may want to visit here too: www.goldenear.com/support/setup-tips
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Jason,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new gear! I also have a fair amount of Emotiva gear and have found that it pairs very well it's GET speakers. Moderator's advice is spot on and a great place to start. Dirac may advise differently, but I would start at 80 Hz and creep up and down until you find the mis that sounds best to you, with your gear, in your space. I eventually settled on 70 Hz in my setup as it provided the best sounding dialogue.

I definitely recommend using the LFE input on your T2+s to utilize both towers as subs. Your theater experience will be much better this way. For 2-channel music, I only use the speaker level inputs. I find the bass a bit more detailed, accurate, and musical with the speaker level inputs for music versus the LFE inputs. Let us know how things sound once you get them setup. Hit us up if you have any additional questions.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Jason R Perryman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 16
Jason R Perryman Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Wow thank you, looking at the setup tips there is a lot of options and multiple configurations to try, I also have a 12 inch BIC sub, although it is not the highest quality sub and a bit boomy- I don't want to muddy up these guys-

When I went in for a demo at Scott walker Tustin, CA. I thought I was going to go with the 3 + , but when I heard the 2+ that went out the window! I have heard a lot of reviews saying it was just a step up from the 3's but wow amazing sound from the 2+ !! To me it seemed more than just a step up- Can it wait to get it in my Living room!

Jason P
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Basic Hookup and Wiring Questions Configure 3 Channel Triton 2+ and Supercenter XL