question-circle Guidance on SuperCinema height placement?

• Jeff_D's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Jeff_D Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Hi, I'm looking to minimize reflections in my placement. The SuperCinema will be place above a 16" deep entertainment center. Due to the room and TV sizes, placement of TV relatively low (6"+) over the entertainment center allows for best viewing--which I'm flexible on up to a point. For aesthetics, I'm placing the SuperCinema below the TV and above the entertainment center. My question is, what would be the minimum and what would be the ideal distance above the 16" deep entertainment center to place my SuperCinema to avoid reflected sound? I'm open to angling the speaker (as I saw another poster in the forums try this--don't know if GE has created anything like a shim for this, would be great if you did though!).

Thanks!

-Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Hi - sorry, I am a bit confused by your description. The height should be at, or aimed at, seated ear height. If mounting on a "shelf", in your case the top of a 16" deep entertainment cabinet if I understand correctly, pull the soundbar to the very front edge of the shelf. If you are mounting it on the wall above that entertainment center, I can only approximate without knowing listening distance, but I would say significantly above (at least two feet, probably more). Some angling can be obtained by shimming behind the speaker when wall mounting.

Any reason you just don't put it on top of the TV with a TV top shelf, like the ones from www.centerstagebracket.com ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCinema 3D Array Guidance on SuperCinema height placement?