file Better to mount above or Below 65" Plasma?

• keithmuller's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
keithmuller Posted 11 years 6 months ago
I have a 65" plasma that I will be building a cabinet for. I am planning on putting the bottom of the display at 24" from the floor or so. I am trying to figure out if it is better to place the SuperCinema 3D on a shelf below the plasma and angle it up (about 17" from the floor to bottom of the speaker) or on a shelf above the monitor and angle it down (about 7'5" from the floor to the bottom of the speaker). The viewing distance is about 10.5 feet. Ceiling height is about 10' (open wood beam ceiling)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ChiefMutig's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
ChiefMutig Posted 11 years 6 months ago
Hi Keith! I don't own a GE system yet, nor do I know your room set up, but if I were in your shoes I might consider mounting below with a slight angle upward. My ears typically preferred it and if you have a second stage behind you that could potentially benefit them too, but I don't know. Before building your cabinet is there anyway you could have someone temporarily hold it up in both locations so that you could hear it prior to build? One other thought, if you use your room for entertaining with people standing, perhaps the center channel up high might provide some value with the tweeters being closer to ear level when standing. I guess I'm just as torn as you! :unsure:

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 6 months ago
Above angling down a bit or below angling up a bit gets pretty much the same result. Above has the benefit of not being so easily blocked by people in the room. Better if its a party/multi-use room.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCinema 3D Array Better to mount above or Below 65" Plasma?