file Which GE for .4 Atmos?

• shlap's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
shlap Posted 2 years 6 months ago
Looking for advice on a .4 Atmos system. My room is 11'x18', 2 rows, main listening is the 2nd row 5' off the back wall.

Should I go with: 7000s for all 4 or can I do 7000s for the front and 650s for the back?

Also, with 7000s angling 30 degrees off the ceiling, it seems they'd have to be at least 6' in front of behind of the main seating position to hit my ear. If this isn't the case, can you recommend how far in front/back of the listing position they should be? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shlap's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
shlap Posted 2 years 6 months ago

Looking for advice on a .4 Atmos system. My room is 11'x18', 2 rows, main listening is the 2nd row 5' off the back wall.

Should I go with: 7000s for all 4 or can I do 7000s for the front and 650s for the back?

Also, with 7000s angling 30 degrees off the ceiling, it seems they'd have to be at least 6' in front of behind of the main seating position to hit my ear. If this isn't the case, can you recommend how far in front/back of the listing position they should be? Thanks!

3D render of the room attached to get an idea of what I'm describing.
Attachments:

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 2 years 6 months ago
Hi shlap, First, you're correct about the Invisa HTR 7000s. When using these in-ceiling speakers as your Atmos speakers, they'll work better when placed 4 - 6 feet in front of - or behind the main listening position. The Invisa HTR 7000s do, however, a great job of directing the sound directly toward the main listening position.

In your application, I believe you have two good options. First, you could use a pair of Invisa HTR 7000s as your front Atmos speakers (and place them 4 - 5 feet in front of the front row of seats). You could then use a pair of Invisa 650s as your rear Atmos speakers . I'd then place these Invisa 650s approximately 1 foot behind the second row of seats.

The next option (that would still work quite well) would be to used 4 x Invisa 650s. In this case, I would recommend placing the front Invisa 650s approximately 1 foot in front of the first row of seats. I would then place the rear Atmos speakers approximately 1 foot behind the second row of seats.

Given a choice, I'd lean toward using option #1 - with the Invisa HTR 7000s as your front Atmos speakers and the Invisa 650s as your rear Atmos speakers. Both options, however, would work very well. Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: shlap

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Which GE for .4 Atmos?