file Vertical Mount for Invisia SPS center channel

• DanDot's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
DanDot Posted 3 years 8 months ago
I plan to use Invisia SPS for my front speakers but my wall will not accommodate a horizontal mount for the center channel. Is there any downside to vertically mounting the center SPS speaker?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 3 years 8 months ago
Hi DanDot, Vertically mounting an Invisa SPS as your center speaker would work quite well. There would be no drawbacks to using a vertically mounted Invisa SPS as your center speaker. In fact, the side to side dispersion of a vertically mounted Invisa SPS is normally better than the side to side dispersion of a horizontally mounted Invisa SPS. Happy Listening.

• shlap's Avatar Offline
shlap Posted 2 years 6 months ago

Hi DanDot, Vertically mounting an Invisa SPS as your center speaker would work quite well. There would be no drawbacks to using a vertically mounted Invisa SPS as your center speaker. In fact, the side to side dispersion of a vertically mounted Invisa SPS is normally better than the side to side dispersion of a horizontally mounted Invisa SPS. Happy Listening.

Wow really!? Just to confirm, a vertically mounted SPS center chan is BETTER than a horizontally mounted SPS for center? This would make my life a lot easier.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 2 years 6 months ago
Hi shlap, From a performance standpoint, a vertically mounted Invisa SPS would work quite as a center channel speaker. If you're okay with the cosmetics of a vertically mounted Invisa SPS center speaker, its side to side dispersion is actually better than a horizontally mounted Invisa SPS. (I would, however, recommend placing the tweeter of this vertically mounted Invisa SPS as close to ear level as possible.) Happy Listening!

• shlap's Avatar Offline
shlap Posted 2 years 6 months ago
Thank you for the quick feedback! The center will be behind a screen so it sounds like vertical makes the most sense. Thanks again.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Vertical Mount for Invisia SPS center channel