file GE SPS LCR setup with 7.2.4

• minime's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
minime Posted 4 years 8 months ago
Hi,

New to the forum. I am trying to built my HT in basement with 7.2.4 setup. In doing my research got some good reviews about SPS for LCR. My basement is close to 1400 sqft with home theater area of 18 X 24 sq ft with 9 ft ceiling and its open on one side. I need your help deciding on the surrounds and in ceiling speaker. I had few questions if you guys can help me with.

1. Its very hard to get a demo of SPS in NJ area, are there any comparable towers or SATs I can listen to get the idea of how they will sound.
2. What should I go for my surrounds and in ceilings. My seating area will be around 12ft and rear surround if I need to put on a wall will be 11 ft behind the seating area( should I do in ceiling for the rear surrounds)
3. Will this speakers be good enough for my area. I am planning to put acoustic curtains on track system on the open side. I can close the curtains when watching HT. Let me know if putting a curtain make sense.

This is my first HT and have no experience. Forgive me If I have asked any dumb questions.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 4 years 7 months ago

minime wrote:

Hi,

New to the forum. I am trying to built my HT in basement with 7.2.4 setup. In doing my research got some good reviews about SPS for LCR. My basement is close to 1400 sqft with home theater area of 18 X 24 sq ft with 9 ft ceiling and its open on one side. I need your help deciding on the surrounds and in ceiling speaker. I had few questions if you guys can help me with.

1. Its very hard to get a demo of SPS in NJ area, are there any comparable towers or SATs I can listen to get the idea of how they will sound.
2. What should I go for my surrounds and in ceilings. My seating area will be around 12ft and rear surround if I need to put on a wall will be 11 ft behind the seating area( should I do in ceiling for the rear surrounds)
3. Will this speakers be good enough for my area. I am planning to put acoustic curtains on track system on the open side. I can close the curtains when watching HT. Let me know if putting a curtain make sense.

This is my first HT and have no experience. Forgive me If I have asked any dumb questions.

Hi there!

1) The mids & highs are similar to the Triton Reference and Triton One.R. The SPS is a truly high fidelity in-wall speaker. You'll definitely want a good sub or two for theater-like bass performance. It's hard to find good functional displays of in-wall speakers, I'm sorry to say.

2) For side and/or rear surrounds, use the Invisa MPX if you can. It's an excellent speaker for this use. For height/ceiling speakers, use the Invisa 650. They'll do really well in a 12' high ceiling.

3) Yes, they will be great! But back to #1, a great sub or two (SuperSub X model comes to mind) will take it over the top.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series GE SPS LCR setup with 7.2.4