file HTR 7000 or 650s For Filling Room With Music

• smcconnaha@GMAIL.COM's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
smcconnaha@GMAIL.COM Posted 6 years 1 month ago
Hi,

Firstly, I appreciate all of the info I've gained so far from everyone here.

Situation: I have a 24' x 18' room with 9' ceilings. There will be HTR-7000s in place for LCR. Center one probably too close to back wall, 2", but a pipe makes this have to be.
The main use of the system will be for listening to music though.
Current idea is to use 650s midway back in room, about L/R surround point, and then 2 more 650s flanking the dining room table in back of this.
First question: Is there a recommended distance between the 650s, so as to prevent gaps here? In pic, all speakers are 5' from center line.
Second question: Would the room be filled better by placing 2 htr 7000s in the back and have them pointing forward? Possibly eliminating the 650s all together?
Third question: If I went with 650s in back, would you move these in to function as rear surrounds, or just leave as is, since music will be the main stage?

Thanks,
Cazden
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 1 month ago
For distributed audio the Invisa 650 is the suggested choice. (Distributed audio means music while you walk around your house.) For stereo music listening (sitting down and listening to music) the HTR 7000 is preferred - if the locations work properly for ceiling height and listening distances. A sub or two would be a good addition for serious music playback and a necessity for movies.

You mention surrounds, so, in that case, the HTR 7000s, if positioned at least 10-12' back from the seating area, would be the preferred choice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

smcconnaha@GMAIL.COM Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
Thanks!

One more follow-up question, focusing on the room that is 24' x 18' (pictured above):
So, if I did use 2 HTR-7000 for the rear surrounds, placing them by that back wall aiming forward, would it be still necessary to have the middle 2 650s?
Music-wise: I would have the front L/R/C, and the back 2 HTR-7000s all aiming towards the middle, would this completely fill the area, or would there be some gaps / uneven levels of music?
If I am having a party and am playing music, would this be recommended, or sticking with the 650s for the back 4 speakers a better choice? I will be listening to music 95% of the time vs TV watching

Thanks,
Steve

Moderator Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Moderator. info_outline

smcconnaha@GMAIL.COM wrote: So, if I did use 2 HTR-7000 for the rear surrounds, placing them by that back wall aiming forward, would it be still necessary to have the middle 2 650s?

No.

And I am not sure of your intention for their addition as you can't just randomly add channels to a multi-channel system.

smcconnaha@GMAIL.COM Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
I would have a Sonos connect and Sonos amps in the mix, for other speakers.
The idea is to have the house filled with music as you move around. And if you are saying the HTR-7000s in the front and back of the room will accomplish this without the 650s in the middle, then great!

Moderator Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
I see... Doesn't seem like that big a space to me that you need more speakers.

Distributed audio is usually for rooms that DO NOT have an audio system...

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series HTR 7000 or 650s For Filling Room With Music