file HTR 7000 question

• ohewitt74's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ohewitt74 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
Hey there GoldenEar advisors, here's a question for you. I am considering adding HTR 7000 as L/C/R mains in a new home. The ceiling has a 15 degree upward slope, so combined with the 30 degree angle of the 7000's drivers, they would point toward the floor at 45 degrees. The ceiling is approximately 9 feet tall and the optimum seating arrangement is about 12 feet from where the speakers would be positioned. Will the 45 degree angle be too high to project a decent image? Or would that enhance their ability to fool the ear in thinking they're coming from above? Thanks for your time!

Best,

O Hewitt
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 9 months ago
O Hewitt, welcome to the forum!!!
I have no idea but good to see your question here, I am sure the Moderator Dude, or someone with experience of the HTR 7000s can give you a good, informed answer.
Have fun with it, hope it ends up sounding great.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• ohewitt74's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
ohewitt74 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
Many thanks Wayne!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 9 months ago

ohewitt74 wrote: Hey there GoldenEar advisors, here's a question for you. I am considering adding HTR 7000 as L/C/R mains in a new home. The ceiling has a 15 degree upward slope, so combined with the 30 degree angle of the 7000's drivers, they would point toward the floor at 45 degrees. The ceiling is approximately 9 feet tall and the optimum seating arrangement is about 12 feet from where the speakers would be positioned. Will the 45 degree angle be too high to project a decent image? Or would that enhance their ability to fool the ear in thinking they're coming from above? Thanks for your time!

Welcome to the forum. Unless I am misunderstanding, that resulting angle would 15 degrees. At the 30 degrees in an 8' ceiling, we suggest a minimum listening distance of 10-12', 15' is optimal, to get the desired results. At half that angle, you would need to be at least 20' away, and 30' would be better. You can actually do the geometry once you determine the correct angle as you are solving for the length of the base of a right-triangle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series HTR 7000 question