file Invisa 525 ceiling cutout question

• Keelover's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 21
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Keelover Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by Moderator. info_outline
Hello GET community.

I'm currently planning the installation of my basement theater. I would like to include 4 Atmos ceiling speaker channels but there are some obstructions in the ceiling that are requiring me to get creative, especially with one of the rear most Atmos speaker locations. However, In this location, I have enough room for the required cutout dimension of the Invisa 525, but just barely; there is a duct and beam on either sides of the space. Therefore, I thought I was fine in using this speaker location but then read the following in the manual:

PLEASE NOTE: Your cutout must be at least 2" (50mm) from adjoining walls/ceiling, internal studs, and any pipes.

Would someone be able to clarify this for me? Would this be referring to space required for the locking arms? I looked at the drawings in the manual an I think I would have space to accommodate those.

Thanks in advance for the help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago
Yep, that's the "generous" allowance for the lock arms, which are in four locations.

• Keelover's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 21
Keelover Posted 8 years 1 week ago

Moderator wrote: Yep, that's the "generous" allowance for the lock arms, which are in four locations.

Thank you. That was my guess. Also, I see in the manual for the Invisas that custom install brackets, sold separately, are recommended for pre-drywall installations. My job is new construction so the brackets would be an option for me. Do you know where I can find more information on the brackets in question? I will be installing, 525s (ceiling), MPXs (wall) and HTR7000s (ceiling).

Thanks again.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 1 week ago
If you are having a contractor/builder install the drywall you may want to get the pre-construction brackets. They are basically just plastic trim rings that attached to the studs and give the drywall cutter a guide to cut the hole. We really don't have any information on them, it's a generic item dealers order as needed for their install projects. Check with your dealer to see if they have some in stock to show you.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Invisa 525 ceiling cutout question