file Custom enclosure for Invisa MPX

• mtbin2's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
mtbin2 Posted 9 years 8 months ago
I am in the construction phase of my home theater and have purchased the Invisa MPX's for the the sides. One of the MPX's will be mounted in drywall where there is a bump-out in the foundation. The open space behind it will be about 180 cubic ft. The problem is the bottom part will be open to the main room via a cloth covered false wall so I can gain access to that area as I will have AV stuff hidden there and I am concerned about the sound from the back of the MPX leaking out the false wall area. So I was thinking of building a custom enclosure for it. Any thoughts on size, etc? Any T/S parameters available?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Thanks for your purchase. You certainly can build an enclosure, a minimum of 1.5 cu. ft. will be fine. You might want to just try a piece of insulation behind the installed speaker first though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• dbenton4's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 2
dbenton4 Posted 9 years 4 weeks ago
I am considering the HTR 7000s and have the same concern. Is an enclosure required if my soffit opens into the main listening area?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderator Posted 9 years 4 weeks ago
Not required, but it certainly depends on the individual installation. A piece of insulation, as re commended in the installation instruction, kills off most of the back wave frequencies. If it is not being used full range (bass directed to a powered subwoofer), then bass frequency transmission is not really an issue. If it is a surround or effects speaker, even less concern.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• TechiMan's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 10
TechiMan Posted 8 years 4 months ago
I have kind of similar question, I have my theatre setup in loft temporarily for few months and then it will go in a dedicated room in the basement. I want to add MPX surrounds in 7.2.4 but don't want to cut holes in this temporary room, can I build a custom box to hold MPX for the time being and then will remove them in the dedicated room. If yes then what's the recommended size and any other specific insulation or something that I need to take care of
My first home theatre..
Triton Two+ fronts
SuperCenter XXL center
SuperSat 50 Surrounds
4 Atmos TBD
Denon X6200W
Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Epson home cinema 2045 projector, moving to 4K near future
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Moderator Posted 8 years 4 months ago

TechiMan wrote: I have kind of similar question, I have my theatre setup in loft temporarily for few months and then it will go in a dedicated room in the basement. I want to add MPX surrounds in 7.2.4 but don't want to cut holes in this temporary room, can I build a custom box to hold MPX for the time being and then will remove them in the dedicated room. If yes then what's the recommended size and any other specific insulation or something that I need to take care of

Yes, we have made some, used them at trade show exhibits (they're not big on holes in their walls either). The ones we had made sat on the floor, were typical wall-thickness (2x4 stud plus 1/2" drywall or plywood), were about two feet wide and maybe six feet high (so MPX would be at ear level). Sealed, standard speaker-box insulation, lightly stuffed. Paint them whatever the wall color is - they actually went unnoticed in our exhibits until pointed out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Custom enclosure for Invisa MPX