file Just realized Invisa line has smaller tweeters!

• elef3u's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
elef3u Posted 10 years 5 months ago
I noticed that the Invisa line uses a smaller ribbon tweeter than all the other GoldenEar speakers. How does this effect the sound?

Reason I'm asking is that I have two Invisa MPX on order to use as in-wall front L/R main speakers, which will be matched to a SuperSat 50 in the center and Invisa 650s in the rear ceiling. Might I get better sound by using two SuperSat 50s as my front L/R instead of the two MPXs? I asked Sandy a couple days ago, and while he said the MPX work well as front mains...I did not realize the tweeters were smaller until last night.

Not to second-guess Sandy's recommendation...but I am a little concerned that I'm making the right decision here.

Any input?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 10 years 5 months ago
No worries, the larger one didn't fit in our Invisa designs so we designed a smaller one with virtually identical performance. Very slightly less low frequency extension that is easily compensated for in crossover design. Slightly improved dispersion as the trade off, which is a good thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Just realized Invisa line has smaller tweeters!