file Need some advice on Invisa placement

• Raymond Lyle's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Raymond Lyle Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Raymond Lyle. info_outline
Hello -

I am in the middle of trying to fix my architects miscalculations of my media room that is partially framed.

A few questions
1) I am doing a 7.1 system would it be better to use all HTR 7000's or use 7000's for LCR and rear and use MPX for the sides ( since I have the side walls)

2) I also am trying to hide the Forcefield 5 sub, can it be somewhat recessed into a wall? I know there are in wall sub solutions, but for good ones they are uber expensive and wanted to keep the speakers all the same brand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Hi -

1) Either is fine, I like the MPX mounted high in the side and/or rear walls as surrounds and/or rears in a 7.1 setup. I actually use a pair as rears in my own theater's rear wall 7.1 setup. Our recent trade show demo of the Invisa HTR 7000 system used MPX as the rear speakers;

2) No problem building the sub into a cavity or false wall (its done all the time), but the cavity will produce some sounds of its own of course. Make sure to place the sub as close to the front as possible, still on the floor, and make the grilled-opening several inches larger than the sub on all sides to allow air pressure to escape.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raymond Lyle

• Raymond Lyle's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
Raymond Lyle Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Thanks for the quick reply!

Could the sub built in on the left or right side wall ( but in front ) or would it be best to be on the front screen wall?

For a medium size media room would going with a Forcefield 4 be a better choice? I heard the 5 can be a bit much for smaller spaces.

Thanks again!

Ray

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Personally, I like the sub in the front and out of the corners of a room, but with an 80Hz crossover you are certainly OK with installing it to the side if that's best for your setup. Front-center-ish tends to give the most uniform and cohesive presentation.

If the ForceField 5 fits and you can afford it, you will appreciate the difference. As far as overloading the room, you just have to be careful on setting the sub's level... its easy (and fun) to get carried away.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Need some advice on Invisa placement