file Help with proper speakers for in ceiling set up

• yella41's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
yella41 Posted 10 years 9 months ago
I am transitioning from a regular floor 7.1 system, to in-ceiling speakers. Currently system is a Paradigm Fronts - Monitor 9, Center - cc390, rear(4) surround, and two Velodyne Mini V 10's. Powered by a Onkyo txsr805.

Room size is 18' by 11', and 8 foot ceiling.

I want the speakers off the floor as I have two young children, and I want to open the room up. I plan to keep the mini v's as they do a great job, and are small.

This is the system I have thrown around is 3 HTR 7000(Fronts, and Center), and 650's for rear, and rear surrounds. Would this be an ideal system for this size room, or what would your suggestions be? I also want to make sure these will handle the power from a Outlaw 7200 amplifier, as at the same time I will be going the power amp route with a sound processor.

I appreciate any suggestions going forward before I venture down this path as trying to find a true listening room with in-ceilings is impossible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 10 years 9 months ago
The Invisa HTR 7000 for fronts will be great as long as you are sitting far enough away from them (too close and you lose the effect of sound coming from in front rather than from above). They are the driver-equivalent of the Aon 3, so crossed over at 80 Hz to your subs and they will handle a huge amount of power. In-ceiling for surrounds and rears is a popular choice and the Invisa 650 is the most frequently used in that configuration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Help with proper speakers for in ceiling set up