question-circle 7000 HTR or MPX?

• rob.f's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rob.f Posted 11 years 1 month ago
I am looking to install ceiling speakers for left/right surrounds, and left/right rear surrounds in a 7.1 home theater setup. My ceiling height is 12 feet, which I understand is 2 feet higher than the optimal height based on the documentation for the 7000 HTR and MPX. Wall install is not an option unfortunately. The website and documentation do not make a distinct difference between the 7000 HTR and the MPX, so I cannot tell which model I should consider for my situation and pricing is identical.

What are the benefits if I used solely 7000 HTR?
What are the benefits if I used solely MPX?
Should I consider mixing one pair 7000 HTR and one pair MPX, and for which locations?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 1 month ago
MPX is really just an in-wall only solution, and the HTR is an in-ceiling only solution. The taller ceiling is OK if you are sitting a bit further back from the speakers.

• Shaker's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 15
Shaker Posted 10 years 5 months ago
I'm surprised by that -- my dealer suggested the mpx, for both side and rear pairs, in ceiling mounted for our 7.1 system. Why would that be?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Nothing wrong with that, maybe they prefer the MPX in your particular installation. Are the ceilings angled?

There is also some preference, both cosmetic and sonic, involved in this decision. Cosmetically, most prefer round in the ceiling and rectangular in the wall. Sonically, I prefer surround/rear information not come down from the ceiling, so I prefer the HTR 7000 as it allows the sound to be directed in such a way as to not sound like it is coming from above. Either will sound great, and sonically, regardless of location, they are VERY similar in fidelity and performance.

• Shaker's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 15
Shaker Posted 10 years 5 months ago

Moderator wrote: Nothing wrong with that, maybe they prefer the MPX in your particular installation. Are the ceilings angled?

There is also some preference, both cosmetic and sonic, involved in this decision. Cosmetically, most prefer round in the ceiling and rectangular in the wall. Sonically, I prefer surround/rear information not come down from the ceiling, so I prefer the HTR 7000 as it allows the sound to be directed in such a way as to not sound like it is coming from above. Either will sound great, and sonically, regardless of location, they are VERY similar in fidelity and performance.

the ceiling is flat and 8' tall, though each of the four corners have angled eaves. given the construction of the MPX, I would have though they'd be better at producing a more dispersed sound field and not seem as obvious coming from above.

don't mean to thread jack. thanks.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series 7000 HTR or MPX?