file Fully Active Tritons ! With built in amps and Dacs

• Steveo's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Steveo Posted 7 years 4 months ago
Haha it's cooling off here in Sydney Wayne that's for sure!

Moderator, any comments on fully actives for the reference in the future?

If there is I would rather wait for those then spend money on expensive amps now.
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 4 months ago
It is looking like that might be an option (a fully powered Triton Reference, presumably with some streaming input capacity as well). There is no question that a fully active version will far outperform a passive model - it's really about the benefits of active digital crossover design (no passive crossovers is a HUGE thing) and the as mentioned driver-to-amp matching.

That said, this is currently a design exercise that Sandy and his engineering team are excited about - there is absolutely no timeline for product delivery.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Dwight, rjohn79395, Steveo

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 7 years 4 months ago
A fully active Triton Speaker system with a USB input would certainly not be the high-priced specialty audio cable industry's favorite product.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Dwight, HTNUT1975

• Steveo's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
Steveo Posted 7 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Steveo. info_outline
Very very true Arthur! :)

Thankyou moderator. That is some interesting/exciting news. I might hold my intended amp and speaker cable upgrade for a few years and see what is to come.

This is why I love Goldenear. Always developing and innovating. Great company.

By the way Would a good preamp still benefit active speakers?
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: pic fell off 3 times info_outline
Steveo, whatever heat you guys are getting rid of down there, we are getting up here!!! OUCH it is hot!!!!
An uninformed reply from our side of the world while the more knowledgeable boys are asleep: I would think a great Preamp or Processor (in case you might want to integrate home theater) would be a must!!!!
I don't know anything about 'streaming' the Moderator Dude mentioned, so I might be wrong; but IF you have more than one source to input into the "can play all by themselves" speakers, you will need a preamp to sort out the input and volume (presumably).
So I think you can shop for a great Pre-Processor in the meantime, while you wait.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwight

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by rjohn79395. Reason: spelling info_outline

Moderator wrote: It is looking like that might be an option (a fully powered Triton Reference, presumably with some streaming input capacity as well). There is no question that a fully active version will far outperform a passive model - it's really about the benefits of active digital crossover design (no passive crossovers is a HUGE thing) and the as mentioned driver-to-amp matching.

That said, this is currently a design exercise that Sandy and his engineering team are excited about - there is absolutely no timeline for product delivery.

Wow, Moderator Dude!

First, thank you for the transparency about future designs!

My current thinking is that I'm leaning toward getting the Triton References for fronts and moving the T1's to surrounds, and augmenting/replacing the NAD 2 channel amp I have driving the fronts with a 5 channel amp (probably ATI's AT 525 NC 5 channel amp to provide classy amp coverage to fronts, center, and surrounds if that's where my gorgeous T1's get moved).

And then I read about the possibility of a fully powered Triton Reference at some point that will "far outperform a passive model"... help me here, Moderator Dude. If I upgrade my amps for a current Triton Reference/T1 combo, what am I leaving on the table acting now vs. waiting for the next generation fully active Reference?

I have upgraded centers, fronts, surrounds as newer models have been introduced...but my "upgradeitis" will run out of steam after the last round (5 channel amp, SONOS upgrade, Triton References/current design for fronts).

I know and expect that there will always be newer/better iterations, and I frankly admire GEt's evolution in this regard (still expectantly awaiting news on headphones :) BUT I'd love some feedback on what I may or may not be missing if I go with the current design Reference with (decent? good?) amps such as the the AT 525 NC now vs waiting for a fully active Reference version and use pre-outs instead??

Thanks!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Fully Active Tritons ! With built in amps and Dacs