file Fully Active Tritons ! With built in amps and Dacs

• Em84's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 109
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Em84 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
Question for The Boss (Sandy)

Any plans for fully active Tritons, with built in amps and Dacs and networking audio streaming, a bit like KEF's new active LS50's, but bigger, badder and better :-)

It's too early to say if fully active speakers like that (with built in Dacs and network audio streaming) are the future but it may be?

Anything planned within the next 24 months?

Cheers!
sonicTransporter i5 & Roon Server > Digi+ PRO > Mojo > Dialogue Premium HP > GE Triton Ones

Analysis Plus Speaker Cables, Interconnects & Power Cables
Elgar Ultra High Isolation Transformer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwight, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Yes... :)

No timetable yet though, nor other specifics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwight, rjohn79395, T Cobe, Em84, HTNUT1975

Moderator wrote: Yes... :)

No timetable yet though, nor other specifics.

WOWZA. Absolutely understood, there shall be no pestering with questions about specifics but I would love to pester with feaure requests. No need to respond to any if you don't wish.

The only trick part it seems would be built in Dacs. I would guess you could just have XLR and RCA inputs like most actives and leave the Dac side to the user.

If you are considering Dacs I would love to see an ethernet input supporting Ravenna and a Roon Ready endpoint. There are rumours on the Computer Audiophile forum that OEM Ravenna boards supporting up to DSD and DXD are coming this year. We'll have to see how that turns out. Roon Ready ethernet endpoint would be another request but that's a closed option. The Ravenna option seems more open.

I wouldn't be mad if you left the Dac side out of it. There are lots of angry LS50 Wireless customers upset that the Dac is limited to PCM 24/192. I guess those upset people love their DSD and DSD upsampling done by a PC.

Dac technology is changing so rapidly. Even though I would love it all to be built into the speakers, if you just left the focus on speakers and their amplification and left the digital audio gadgetry to us end users it may be the most future proof solution with fewer complaints about missing Dac technology or missing format support.

Just some wishes and thoughts :-)
sonicTransporter i5 & Roon Server > Digi+ PRO > Mojo > Dialogue Premium HP > GE Triton Ones

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwight, rjohn79395

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Em84. info_outline
The other thing is even though I see a lot of complaining on forums about the LS50 Wireless Dac limited to 24/192 PCM, those complaints may only be 1% of their sales in which case KEF would be very happy with their choice of Dac features, if 99% of their customers are fine with it. Hard to know unless you get some insider info from them over the next 12 months.

A modular Dac board could be an option, but messy with massive speakers.

• Steveo's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
Steveo Posted 7 years 4 months ago
Moderator, this is huge news! I was going to ask exactly the same thing.

I had plans recently to buy better amps for my t1s. Are you looking to have Triton references as fully actives in the future? If so I would rather put the money towards that and save in amps. By all accounts and reviews the ls50 sound better in active version than the passive ones with expensive amps because they were made specifically for it.

Please share anything you are thinking of. If you guys make a reference Triton fully active, it would be a day one purchase for me and I can stop thinking about matching amps and be happy with premium speakers for life :))
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Dwight, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 4 months ago
Well yeah, if you don't buy BHK amps, for pitie's sake, I had no idea what or whose they were, had to look them up Steveo, and I was right back at PS Audio!!!!!
Whoa baby, those look like something.
As hot as it is here (how's things down under) I could go with class D amps here tonight!!!
God bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Fully Active Tritons ! With built in amps and Dacs