file GE T1 & Parasound A21 with P5 Preamp

• harbuu's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
harbuu Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Hello All,
I am the new member of this forum. I was tracking GE T1 for at least for 2years, & now I got the opportunity to own one pair, but still to be connected this tall black beauty, as I am eagerly waiting for Parasound A21 & P5 to arrive which is expected by 20th Oct.
This is my first upgrade from PSB B6, Creek 80w/channel and Oppo BDP 93.
New setup is GE1 Towers + Parasound A21 250 w/channel and P5 Preamp with built in DAC + …………
Friends I need your help in finalizing the component to stream music and video using the Digital section of P5 (Support : USB 96 khz, Coaxial 192 khz & Optical 192 khz).
I am looking for best 2 channel performance in Music and Video is played.
Thinking to use only Oppo from my old setup that to only to play my existing CD’s & my blue ray disc.
Please suggest the best go forward.
Thanks a ton in advance.
Cheers & God Bless All,
Harish
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Welcome Harish and congratulations on your new Triton One speakers!!! And on the Parasound coming!!!! Holy Moly, that should be some great sounding system!!!! Well done!!!!
But today is just the 2nd of Oct. so I can tell you what I would be doing, RIGHT NOW! I would have that Oppo 93 hooked up to that Creek to the Triton Ones and be listening to MUSIC!!!!! (Just be SURE the volume of the Oppo is turned WAY down before you turn on the Creek, EVERY time).
You could get the exact placement dialed in for the ones, get them started becoming broken in (what little they need) and I bet they would sound great too.
An 80 wpc Creek will not sound as wonderful at the Parasound 250 wpc, but it will not sound shabby either. Getting the exact location, toe-in, etc. set up is a fun but time consuming affair, as well as setting the bass, so I would start now.
Sounds like you are really asking about file based music in your post, rather than just playing shiny discs, so I will let others that know more address you questions about that. There are hundreds of easy and not so easy ways to do that.
Anyway, be very welcome here and ask all the questions you want. Hopefully someone will know how to help. And ENJOY the tunes!!!!
God Bless,

Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Thanks Wayne for your welcome note :)
Impressed with your suggestion of working out the solution by connecting the Creek Amp.
But unfortunately i was in bit rush and i have pushed/ sold my PSB B6 & Creek in the last week.
Oppo BDP 93: i have misplaced (during shifting) my Wifi dongle for which the search is on.
Only way is i need to wait till the Parasound arrives here.
Buy then i need to make some decision and buy the additional component before they arrives.
1. I would be using the Chord crimson plus interconnect which i have already between Oppo and Parasound P5.
2. I am finalize the speaker cable - looking to buy Audio Quest 14/4 (any other suggestion from forum is welcomed. please)
3. Looking forward for the forum suggestion on robotics solution on streaming through the P5. Best of both worlds 2 channel music and video (Stereo mode).

Cheers & God Bless All,
Harish
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Harish,
Wish we were close, I would give you my Oppo wifi dongle, never used.
Before spending too much money on speaker cables, I recommend giving Frank at Signal Cables a call.
www.signalcable.com/speaker_cables.html
I use his Silver Resolution cables and really like them, and they are very reasonably priced.
I came across this company because their interconnects were in Stereophile's recommended components. I use them too and their regular speaker cables for my rear and surround speakers. Those a nothing fancy, just VERY well made and a great price (long runs under the floor).
Whatever you get, hope it sounds great and that you enjoy it.
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Thank You Very Much for your revert Wayne..!
Sorry for delay in response as i was out of country.
I can get your Oppo Dongle that fine but thinking of courier charges etc. I live in UAE.
However my search is on to find them out...!
Your cable suggestion is awesome i will definitely look into that and i also heard positive reviews about silver resolution based cable & i have come across clear-water from "van den hul".
Do you have any idea on this. Please

Dear Forum Members, I am looking out for your response optimizing the computer based music ...
which way to go-ahead please suggest the way forward.

Thanks and Cheers
God Bless You All.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK, Harish,
You are not that far away from me. When you come to Thailand next time, just let me know, will try to get that dongle to you.
I have used Van den Hul cables, not that one. The only cables I use that are better than my inexpensive Signal cables, are some MIT cables, but they are WAYYYYY more expensive. Only worth it IF you are going nearly cost no object. AND, since they have a warm style, I do not use them in my best (highly resolving, silver resolution)system, but in one that needs a little romantic/musical "help"--the system that plays dinner music, so really a waste of great cables.

You MIGHT like something like this Cocktail Audio X50 for playing your music files:
www.cocktailaudio.com/overview_x50.php

I am not recommending it, since it only plays stereo, it is not for me.
Hope some of this helps,
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series GE T1 & Parasound A21 with P5 Preamp