file Triton 3+ and cats

• Miguel Garcia Jr.'s Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Miguel Garcia Jr. Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hello everyone,

I just got my Triton 3+! I was wondering if any owners of the towers had issues with cats trying to scratch the speakers. This is a concern for me and have not set them up yet.

The speakers look great! A more technical question, what room sizes are considered adequate for the towers? Specifically the Triton 3+. I heard small to medium, but not sure what that means in terms of dimensions. I have an open living room, with high ceilings. The room itself is tiny about 15 feet by 20 feet. It does open into other rooms like the kitchen and hallway.

I don't consider myself an audiophile, so I'm not too concerned about optimal acoustic environment. I am wondering though whether the triton 2s would have been a better fit.

Thanks

Miguel
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hi Miguel. Welcome to the forum and good luck with the T3s. Your room size and that speaker model should do just fine. Whether or not you should have got the T2s is a moot point now. As for the cat(s), in my view that is a real concern and will probably become a real problem. Don't know how to advise you there except - as Sandy himself has pointed out - in the audiophile world sacrifices have to be made. GET (no pun intended) rid of the cat! Just kidding.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hi Miguel,

I concur with GDHAL's comments and I share your concerns regarding the cats and your Triton Towers. Perhaps there is a strong cat-repellent available which will not damage your speakers - check with your veterinarian. Another possibility might be to surround the lower portion of your Tritons with some sort of open wire cage to keep the cats away.

I believe that you will find that your Triton 3+ speakers will fill your room with sound, assuming that you are driving them with an adequate audio source. Enjoy!

Happy Listening,

Art

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 8 months ago
I have to side with both Art and GDHAL...cats and fabric don't get along. Even declawed, there will be some damage from the constant rubbing. If it does become damaged and one wishes to sell the speaker, resocking may be an option.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 8 months ago
I have a cat, she has no interest in the Towers (Ones now, Twos for years before). If she did like to climb on them, I wouldn't mind, the socks are easily replaced if they are damaged. Much easier than a wood box with claw marks...
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Mr. Moderator,

What about the possibility of climbing cats causing damage to the speakers inside the towers?

Best,

Art

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton 3+ and cats