file Digital Integrated amp

• squidwidly's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
squidwidly Posted 11 years 5 months ago
I tried the new Peachtree 125 with their new digital ICE amplifier on my Aon3's.
I thought the tube buffer would smooth things over, and I thought the new DAC would be an
improvement over my original Peachtree Nova. I listened for 20 minutes, and boxed it right back up.
No amount of break-in was going to fix that signature digital amp sound. Now it makes me curious to go the other way and try out a tube amp, even though I like my Nova, I always have the itch to try new equipment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 5 months ago
As far as a tube amp on the Aon 3s, I heard them in demo on a Unison Simply Italy, which is only 12 Watts with EL 34s. The Aons sounded like BUTTER!!!! The only problem was that was not enough power to give any real dynamics or big time volume. Actually, heard the Aon 2s with the same amp, and the volume was good, and sweet sounding too.
I say, go with the best you can amp wise for the GoldenEars, they will not disappoint, from what I have heard.
God bless the child that's got his own.

• wawaron's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
wawaron Posted 11 years 5 months ago
HI very happy to have read your post. I was looking into purchasing the Peachtree Nova 125 but following your experience will shy away from it. I will wait till March for the Montreal audio show and investigate other amps.
Thanks for your insight.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Aon Series Digital Integrated amp