question-circle Need setup advice for forcefield 5

• Farooq's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Farooq Posted 10 years 4 months ago
I just added forcefield 5 to my existing Triton sevens. My room is open family room about 22x22x8 where one side opens to the hallway. I have set Triton sevens to small and cross over set to 80HZ. I am using LFE in on forcefield 5. I have following questions:
What sub level I should set for this size of room?
What is the break in period for forcefield?

Triton7 Sub TV Triton7 |
|
|
| |
| Listener |
| |

Above is the set up. Would you suggest keeping Sub on the open side of the room or it should be moved to other side of the TV which has wall?

I have read Triton7 should be toed in. How much, what angle you suggest?
What distance you suggest between Triton7s?
What distance you suggest between Triton7 and wall?
Is cross over set 80 is optimal or I should set to 60HZ?

Thanks in advance.

Farooq
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Hello Farooq,
That is a lot of good questions, and I am sure others, like the Moderator Dude can answer them much better than I can.
But I have a ForceField 5 and I can try to answer a few.
First, the great thing about all the FF subs is the way you can dial in whatever volume you like, what sounds best in your room.
That is more important that it will seem to be in the next few weeks. Rooms change in life, houses change, but subs can stay with you for a long time. So you can dial it in for whatever sounds best MANY times.
And you can play with crossovers, though I would start with 80 Hz as you have and experiment from there. And as for break in, I did not hear much change on break in, and I think I can say none after a week of pretty serious playing.
That is a pretty clever way you have presented your layout. I am assuming the left side is the hall?
What do you listen to mostly? Music, movies?
The Triton speakers are usually set out away from the wall at least 2 feet, 60 cm and the same from side walls left and right. More out and away IF you can. And however far they are apart, try to sit that far away from each of them, an equilateral triangle if you will. And toed in so that they are pointing right at your favorite listening position. That may not be perfect for the T7s, but you can start there and move them around and change the angle until it sounds just right to you.
That is THE correct position and angle: What sounds best to you!
And the process of listening and trying to dial in the speakers will help train your ear/brain team as to what to listen for; so really nobody can do this for you better than you yourself.
Have fun creating you own sweet spot and settings and levels.
And remember to enjoy the music,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Farooq

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Hello Farooq, here are some answers (its also all in the manual):

1) Sub level should be set using the setup menu on your receiver/processor and an SPL meter, to start. Than adjusted to taste. Set the sub's level control at about 9 o'clock to start;
2) The speakers should be toed in so they point at the center listening position;
3) Place speakers as far apart as possible, but at least as far apart as your listening distance and at least a foot from the side and back walls;
4) Crossover at 80Hz will give you maximum dynamic range and playing ceiling for movies;
5) Subwoofer placement is totally room dependent and I cannot even begin to guess where it would be best in YOUR room. But, we always suggest keeping the ForceField subs away from boundaries to prevent boundary gain effects.

Hope this helps, thanks for your purchases.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Farooq

Wayne,

Thank you very much for the reply. I have read the manual but just want to have practical advice from someone who has gone through this process of setting up HT. Your advice is very useful and I think I am on the right path. This system will be 60/40, music/movie. So far I am enjoying very much.

Farooq

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Hey Farooq,
That should sound awesome.
Are you gonna put in surround speakers?
They make movies much better (if you don't already have them) and I find surround is wonderful for music too.
I am addicted to concert DVDs in 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. Even SACD music is great in surround sound.
Just a recommendation. Have fun with it.
Enjoy, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Hi Wayne,

Next I will be adding centre channel speaker. I am debating between super center X or XL. Do you have any opinion?

Farooq

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support ForceField Subs Need setup advice for forcefield 5