heart Best "warranty"service. EVER.

• Bos's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Bos Posted 8 years 3 months ago
I recently purchased a pair of new Triton 1's. 3 months later, they were broken in, and they were AMAZING. A "quick listen" inevitably turned into hours playing SACDs and favourites from Deezer Elite's full FLAC streaming service. I was in heaven, with the angels tickling my deepest auditory pleasure zones.

But then this all changed. After my son decided to have a small party while we were away one weekend, the highs just weren't there. The speakers still sounded good, but the high frequencies seemed muted. Cymbals would snuff out prematurely, and the angels were nowhere to be found. After some investigation, it appears some extreme volumes (not enjoyed by the neighbors across the alley) were played, and the Marantz likely sent some DC voltage. The ribbons weren't burnt. But they weren't right.

My local dealer sent a tech out, and sound tests were done and compared to their showroom tritons. A definite dropoff at high frequencies (outside most people's perception) was noted. Distortion damage is clearly a non-warrantable item, as indicated in the Triton manual. Yet, Goldenear worked with my dealer, (Home Theatre Solutions in Edmonton, AB) and offered a one-time goodwill parts replacement. Two new crossovers, two new ribbon tweeters were replaced. The speakers test as new, and the angels are back! It is truly amazing how the frequencies we do not hear make such a huge difference in the psycho-acoustic and physical sound properties (A good reason not to ignore those high frequency responses in speaker tests).

Anyway, Goldenear went WAY beyond my expectations. They truly want their speakers to perform for their customers, and they aren't satisfied until they do. Even when it is user abuse that causes the issue. I'm not speaking on their behalf to fix everyone's mistake (or blatant stupidity). But they understand accidents happen, kids make mistakes, and music needs to be heard as intended.

The Tritons are amazing. Given the customer service, I can not think of a reason not to buy them.

Thanks again Goldenear team.

Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 8 years 3 months ago
This is great to read Bos. I concur the GE servicing is outstanding and it is even more assuring to understand (as I've read from others) that they stand behind the products even when the user is at fault and/or the product is out of warranty. That, in addition to the incredible sound and value (price point, etc.) is what will keep me - and others - committed to staying with the brand.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Welcome to the GEt world, Bos!

I agree with every word you said. I'm a "stoic Swede", and don't usually get too excited about particular products, but GEt just plain gets it right, from how their products perform, to how they support them.

Your comments on T1's are spot on! Once I heard them at the dealer, I was hooked, and have been hooked ever since. NO listener fatigue, just amazing sound.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
BTW ,Bos, I also agree on the DEEZER Elite streaming service... it's like having access to the whole world of CD recordings, in FLAC format.

You've got a good thing going!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series Best "warranty"service. EVER.