file Triton Sevens

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
SanthoshEapen Posted 11 years 1 week ago
This is not going to be a detailed review, but I notice that since the Triton Sevens are quite new there are no reviews yet, so I have decided to post my first impressions after using them for the last 2 weeks and putting about 30 hours of listening (I often fall asleep to them on my recliner at night).
These speakers image the music with incredible precision. I hear every little instrument, every little sigh, and I know exactly where it is coming from in the soundstage (which is quite large and sometimes spreads out beyond the speakers themselves). The music itself is very detailed and you can hear the fading timbre of plucked guitar strings, every reverberation of struck drums, sibilant nuances of singing voices...and so on and so forth!
Anyway, needless to say, I am having fun listening to my Sevens. They fit perfectly with my small music room and I love them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 1 week ago
Thanks SanthoshEapen,
That was a good report, much appreciated. I imagine you are one of the first to get your 7s broken in. I am really happy to hear how well they are working out for you and about the imaging.
I hope in the future, after you have listened to them some more, you can give us further feedback. I liked your “and such and so forth”. That leaves room for more. Ha ha
Do you mind telling us why you chose the 7s over their bigger brothers? Is it because of your smaller room? Did you audition the 2s and 3s, did you like the 7s better? Do you feel the 7s image better?
Can I ask, and of course you don’t have to answer, where are you? Are you in my part of the world--Asia? You and I seem to like a lot the same music, so your experiences are very welcome here to me.
Well, happy listening and please keep contributing here, I really enjoy it.
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SanthoshEapen

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
SanthoshEapen Posted 11 years 1 week ago
The main reason I chose the sevens over the twos (I have not heard the threes) were the fact that they were significantly smaller. The twos would have been far too big for my home (I could image my wife's frown) and the room I listen to music in is not that big. Another reason is that I did not want to find a plug point to hook up my speakers, as the twos have powered subs - wires hanging around the floor (once again imagining the wife's frown). And then of course the sevens are much cheaper. Since I did not need all the extra power of the twos it made abundant sense to save money! I may be imagining it (or it may be that I have a very good DAC), but my sevens actually image better than the twos I listened to at my dealer friend's shop.
I live in New Jersey. I have never been to Thailand, but it is one of the places I really want to visit at some time. I am glad we like the same types of music. I would love to hear more of what you listen to. Keep it up. Cheers!
Santhosh
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 6 months ago
It is astonishing how many rave reviews have been pouring in over the months since the sevens debut. I dare say the introduction of this fantastic speaker is - in my mind - comparable to the introduction of the first ipod. Sure, there were mp3 players before the ipod, but the ipod changed everything!
Countless hours of listening, and I am still enthralled at the clarity and transparency these speakers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 6 months ago
I am jealous Bro Santhosh!!!!
I can just see myself with 4 of those bad boys in the back of my home theater, Triton 2s up front doing the heavy lifting.
I don't have to tell you to ENJOY!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 6 months ago
I agree! The newest review I read ( www.hometheaterhifi.com/floor-standing-s...-speaker-system.html ) the can't say enough good things. It almost makes me want to trade in my T2's, ALMOST :)

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back