file 5.5 GoldenEar Sonic Nirvana

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 11 years 9 months ago
Very cool - we've suggested this setup but you're the first we know of to actually do it. What could be better than a room full of subwoofers! :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steve772's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
Steve772 Posted 11 years 8 months ago
We have to give credit where credit is due.

Our goal here is (like most) to get the best bang for the buck.

The only thing we can take credit for it's being smart enough to listen to people that really know what they are talking about.

We just took the gracious advise of Sandy Gross, and Don Tomlinson Owner Gleeson's Audio / Video in Ocean City, NJ.

• ChiefMutig's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
ChiefMutig Posted 11 years 7 months ago

Steve772 wrote: Creating a better sonic image:

"The whole system is greater than the sum of its parts". In the past we stacked advent speakers to create a better stereo sonic image, and then we stacked Quad ESL's to create an even better stereo sonic image, with our GoldenEar Triton 2 system we have (in a sense) horizontally stacked them around the room (each speaker is about 12' apart) and created a better surround sound sonic image.

Hi Steve, could you please elaborate a bit more on how your speakers are set up to help me visualize your room and setup? Are they wall mounted horizontally? At ear level sitting down or how high from the floor? Also, I found your honesty about using a receiver over pre/pro and amps super intriguing. What source are you using? I envy your set up and knowledge of previous setups. I've been debating GE vs ESLs and your post alone has me sold on which route to take I think, and an integrated sub makes things easier! Many thanks!!

• Steve772's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
Steve772 Posted 11 years 7 months ago
ChiefMutig,

We have the 4 Triton 2 speakers floor standing speakers spaced approximately 12 feet apart surrounding the main sitting area.

Source, Mac Book Pro / Pure Music / Lavry D/A, Sony XA-777ES CD / SACD Player, DirecTV HR-34, and Sony Blu-Ray Player.

We are currently using an Integra 9.1 U2 receiver, because we already have it. Using a quality pre/pro setup would sound better (period). We are actively looking what the next step will be for us.

My wife who loves music and watching movies as much as I do commented recently "This system sounds great now, why should we dump a ton of money into our system to sound a little bit better".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series 5.5 GoldenEar Sonic Nirvana