file Who is using a stand alone subwoofer (or woofers) with their Triton towers?

• Chuckinator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 47
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Chuckinator Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Thank you Wayne and Art, you answered my questions exactly! I have my processor set to large for the Tritons and LFE+ Main, I have 2 sub outputs on y Marantz so one is gong to my HSU sub and the other output is split going to each of the Triton 1's. I believe this is what you recommended, so does this sound correct? I will get the LFE for movies and the bass also for 2 channel music, if I understand correctly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Yes, you have understood my comments correctly. With your setup, you have another option available. You can use one of your sub outputs to drive your Movie Sub, as you are currently doing.

You can connect the Triton Ones LFE inputs to a L/R pair of standard RCA cable and connect the other end of the cable to a Line Output on your Marantz, instead of to the other sub output. This approach would permit you to change the LFE + Main setting back to just LFE for your Movie setup, while providing full range audio signals to the Triton Ones LFE inputs and let the Triton circuits sort out the bass signals.

Even better, if your Marantz has a Preamp output, you can use that output instead of the line out. The difference is likely to be that the preamp output's signal level will vary with the Marantz's volume control, whereas the line out is a fixed level output. This is what I am doing, even though my Triton Ones are stereo audio-only.

Be not afraid to experiment - that is why I encourage to read and study your documentation and do other research to better understand this whole technology.

Happy studying and listening.

Art

• Chuckinator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 47
Chuckinator Posted 6 years 3 months ago
@Art thanks Art so much for taking the time to address my set up. it is very much appreciated!!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Who is using a stand alone subwoofer (or woofers) with their Triton towers?