file New speakers and technology?

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 3 months 2 days ago
The T66 is an exciting extension to the speaker family by AudioQuest designers! New crossover, driver redesign, etc.

What can we expect for future technology and speaker design direction from the AudioQuest/GoldenEar combination of two great companies? So much combined expertise!!!

What would members like to see?

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Samwise's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 10
Samwise Posted 2 weeks 2 days ago
The reviews of the T66 sound great (my local dealer hasn't got any in yet for me to listen), but what concerns me is that the price seems to be going away from the GoldenEar mission of providing the performance of much more expensive speakers at a price that most people could afford. The T66 price isn't that bad, but when you consider that it is essentially replacing the Triton Two, it makes me concerned what the Triton One.R and Triton Reference replacements are going to cost.

• Moderator's Avatar Away
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 week 5 days ago
Hi Samwise, the new T66s are priced higher than the older Triton Two+s, however, their performance is substantially better than the Triton Two+s. In fact, when the T66s were in the final prototype stage, they were brought to a handful of dealers who heard them against the Triton One.Rs and these dealers preferred them over the Triton One.Rs. (Granted, the Triton One.Rs produce more bass than the T66s, but in other aspects, these dealers preferred the T66s.) The T66s truly complete with other loudspeakers that cost substantially more. Hopefully, you'll be able to audition the T66s soon and see (or hear) what you think.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System New speakers and technology?